How to reach ketosis but stay nutritionally complete?

I want to go keto but also have my diet revolve mainly around my Huel Black Edition as I am a very picky eater and there are so many foods (vegetables) I won’t eat. I’ve seen some Huel people recommend dessicated coconut 50:50 mix but it doesn’t seem to be nutritionally complete? Any advice?

Edit: I think I realise the only answer here is to find foods I like and add it to my diet. I guess I was just hoping for an answer that Huel products could fix, or maybe an answer that is a quick easy fix, rather than preparing, cooking, and washing up after extra food?

1 Like

This, with a good multivitamin should do the trick :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, a healthy keto diet for 2000kc would be:
5 scoops BE + 5 scoops dessicated coconut + a multivit/min tab?
That sounds surprisingly easy.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, gonna try it with the Huel Essentials: Chocolate.

1 Like

Actually I have no idea how many calories there are in a scoop of coconut. Still, anything that tastes like Bounty bars has to be a good thing.

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t think it works with essential. You need Huel black to achieve ketosis with defecated coconut.

Unless you just mean for the experience of trying them together

FWIW I have actually tried on several occasions the ketosis hack with black and coconut and did find it a struggle. It’s quite heavy to drink and while I can drink the occasional one I couldn’t do it for weeks on end.

1 Like

:poop: coconut? Nah, just doing this to see if I can improve the taste and use up the dessicated coconut :wink:

2 Likes

Oops. Spell check again. I meant desecrated coconut

2 Likes

We put these together a few years ago. Any use?

1 Like

Where are you based? Stateside there’s Keto chow and Sated that are both nutritionally complete (to USA standards at least) and Keto.

1 Like

Basically, yeah :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tho’ wouldn’t the amount of saturated fat in coconut make a 50:50 mix with Huel Black quite unhealthy, long-term?

Would it be healthier to just shake up your Huel Black with olive oil?

1 Like

I’m not sure lubricating your innards with olive oil would add positively to the Huel experience.

1 Like

Yeah I think I’ll pass. Too bad if the coconut isn’t really a healthy option.

1 Like

Didn’t the guy icy elemental who used to post on here own a keto style Huel competitor called genesis foods and you had to add vegetable oil to the mix. Can’t quite remember. Think it went out of business

2 Likes

How do you define “nutritionally complete”? That you get all vitamins and minerals you need, at least those that are known to be essential? Or also a balanced macro-split?
In the first case you could have anything you want if you took a multivitamin/mineral supplement.
In the second case a keto diet could never be complete.

2 Likes

Dissolved on 18 October 2022

1 Like

Ah, so it did then. It’s probably a bit too niche. I always thought he was quite knowledgeable tho

1 Like

By nutritionally complete we mean a great balance of all macronutrients, and enough of every 26 essential vitamins and minerals to help you reach at least all of your recommended daily intakes for essential nutrients at 2000 kcal. Our v3.1 powder also offers a balanced macro-split :slightly_smiling_face: