Huel 2.2 - texture

The problem is it is easier to drink less than to drink more. Those of us who like it thinner now have to drink a higher volume. I now have to use 700ml per 3 scoops to come close to V1.2 thickness with 500ml, and those extra 200ml are hard to get down (it nearly fills my 900ml blender).

2 Likes

Our serving suggestion always has been 500ml of water for 100g Huel. Huel UU is about 490g for 2,000kcal = nearly 2500ml water.

Edited

Here I thought a gallon was 3.7 liters. That was my implied measure, in any case. Iā€™m well past the point of tolerable water intake if I ā€œadjustā€ the viscosity with water. Nevermind increasing calorie intake to go with it.

1 UK gallon is 4.5 litres
1 US gallon is 3.7 litres

Apolgies, my capacity calculations were wrong. Edited.

Just received my first bag of 2.2 andā€¦

Couldnā€™t be happier. I blend three/four scoops with 500ml750ml of water using a ninja blender bottle.

A few minutes later it does seem a bit thicker than Iā€™m used to fresh huel being - but not more than the thickness I aim for when I leave huel overnight in the fridge.

If this is the new normal then Iā€™m happy that I can just blend and go now :slight_smile:

Mhm. To a point.

My point remains. If Iā€™m to ā€œadaptā€ to make it drinkable for me, I cross waaaaaay over the point of water intake I could possibly stomach.

i.e, since the viscosity is now basically double from what it was, and I have to approach 100g/700mil to notā€¦ you know, gag, the five or more bottles a day easily exceeds 3500mil. One bottle can only very barely contain a drinkable viscosity for me at the recommended 100g, and is a straight up 50% increase in volume from the original iteration.

The versatility has a ceiling, and has intentionally been limited. The ā€œbeautyā€ of Huel has a red line, past which some of us are becoming ex-customers.

1 Like

Hi @gen - thanks for this feedback. We do take all comments on board and we are looking at this issue.

I notice that in your American formula you use acacia gum as well as xanthan and guar gums. How does the USA product compare to the UK in terms of texture?

1 Like

I canā€™t compare them but the Huel I received here is, after 12 hours, very thick.

1 Like

I wish to take back what I said about the 2.2 Huel being okay!

Yes, the flavour is better but I am consistently getting lumps now.
Over the last couple of years Iā€™ve always asked people what they were doing wrong to get lumps in their Huel, now itā€™s my turn! Iā€™ve never had the problem before.
I use 500ml water and 3 scoops. Howver, if I use 2.5 scoops and 500ml water, I donā€™t get lumps.

Itā€™s disgusting when Iā€™m drinking Huel and get a a massive lump, itā€™s really off-putting.
Thinking about stopping Huel. 1) itā€™s not enjoyable to drink anymore mainly due to the lumps but also and ultimately Iā€™m just drinking this gloopy stuff for lunch and I had a realisation the other day ā€œIā€™m not enjoying thisā€ - to me, every meal should be enjoyable and 3) my stomach canā€™t take the gas anymore, my farts are vile!

I have a few bags to finish yet but I really think I should stop. itā€™s not making me feel nearly as good about myself anymore.

1 Like

Iā€™m the same - Iā€™ll be stopping soon after two years of being a Huel customer, it barely passes through the shaker strainer now and thatā€™s using half the amount of scoops I was. Totally ruined it for me.

1 Like

My next bag of 2.2 has been much better. Also, I seem to get a smoother texture if I shake the huel in a separate container before adding it to the water! Still get the odd gloopy lump but it is much better this way and now drinkable. Iā€™m back to breakfast and lunch everyday and feeling good for it!

I think the thickness is spot on.

I have been using the new vanilla 2.2 version for the last 2 days, like a lot of others have said the texture is very strange and does not mix well.
I have always used almond milk with the vanilla and the shakers provided by Huel with no problems, I only refrigerate for an hour, but with the new version it just goes solid like porridge !
I donā€™t want to have to add more liquid as my bladder canā€™t take that much as I already drink plenty fluids.
Something isnā€™t right and I hope Huel can get to the bottom of it.
One of the selling points of Huel was the convenience factor, itā€™s hardly convenient if you have to faff about trying to get it to dissolve either in a blender or purchasing other tools / shakers/balls to do the job.

Heavy Huel user here, bought 56 meals of U/U and its not pleasant at all. I need to shake, reshake, drink some (with lumps) then add more water and reshake.

How is the texture for you if you donā€™t put it in the fridge for an hour?

The reason I ask is that Huel just mixed and drank has to be the main way it is used. People used to suggest putting it in the fridge when some said it wasnā€™t thick enough. If you do it because you like Huel cold then maybe try keeping a jug of water in the fridge and making Huel with that?

1 Like

After two shakes of the new Huel, I like the new texture perhaps better. Still some lumps though.

I do prefer it chilled with the strawberry flavour, I will try it without chilling it just using cold almond milk, I am not a fan of the plain water mix.
As you said, it was suggested on the forum to chill it to smooth out the texture and dissolve the lumps, not sure that shake and drink will give the lumps a chance to dissolve, but hey will give it a blast and report back

Iā€™m finding the latest batch nearly undrinkable. Itā€™s lumpy and doesnā€™t taste the same way - I remember being able to drink UU without too many issues and now tastes bitter. Iā€™ll have to wait for a revision before I order more.

I am really enjoying both UU and vanilla 2.2 110g in a Breville Active bottle and the rest water. I find 2.2 smoother than 2.1. I have been having Huel for breakfast and lunch every day of the week since May.

I blend two bottles the night before and store in the fridge over night and the thinkess is perfect.