Huel 2.2 - texture

I just got a batch of 2.2 after being on 2.1 vanilla for breakfast and lunch every weekday. I use a shaker to make mine.

500ml water to 3 scoops of 2.1 vanilla mixed fine. The same mix with 2.2 is thicker and extremely lumpy.

On the bag: 2982 03:30 PM
05/2018 08-05-17

Those of your finding it lumpier, how are you mixing it? With a blender, just the Huel bottle, the Huel bottle with a metal shaker ball, or some other method?

Shaker bottle for me.

6 month 90%+ Hueler here. This is sad news to hear. I was hoping 2.2 would return Huel to its 2.1 glory days :frowning: 1.2 UU was the best product Huel ever made for me. Itā€™s the only product I happily had on its own and looked forward to every time. Thereā€™s no way I could stomach an even thicker product though, I find 2.1 is on the verge of what I can accept. I was spoiled with 1.2 UU though :slight_smile:

Maybe Huel could add a system where you chose your consistency/texture in future like other companies are already doing. It seems a shame to force everyone to drink oily gloop.

It has been a great experience, thanks Huel team! I learnt a lot about my body and nutrition using Huel. It was nice to support British and I hope you can return choice to your customers in future. I hope one day I can return to find a product on par with 1.2 UU from the Huel company!

5 Likes

Glad to be of service, Pixel! It makes a huge difference. If you just lump the Huel in first you end up with cement.

I was hoping 2.2 would return Huel to its 2.1 glory days :frowning: 1.2 UU was the best product Huel ever made for me. Itā€™s the only product I happily had on its own and looked forward to every time. Thereā€™s no way I could stomach an even thicker product though, I find 2.1 is on the verge of what I can accept. I was spoiled with 1.2 UU though :slight_smile:

Maybe Huel could add a system where you chose your consistency/texture in future like other companies are already doing. It seems a shame to force everyone to drink oily gloop.

Unfortunately, Huel have made it clear they have no intention of returning to the earlier (bloody wonderful imo) UU blend. They believe the only reason the leftover bags of v1.2 sold out so quickly was because it was cheaper :frowning:

Your voice is already loud and clear in this thread but, if you havenā€™t done so already, please also make your mark in the UU poll.

2 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying the change. Itā€™s a little thicker and smoother and is more like a milkshake now. Very nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just tried my first meal of 2.2, prepared in the same way I prepared 2.1. Namely, I put in 100ml of soy milk, one scoop of vanilla and approximately 2 scoops of U/U for a total of ~125g of Huel, then about 250ml of water. Shook only long enough for the obvious clumps to disappear. Then placed in a fridge for 12 hours. When I was ready to eat it I topped it up with water until the total volume in the shaker was between 600-700ml and shook it again until the newly added water was incorporated.

Overall I donā€™t find thereā€™s that much of a difference in the thickness compared to 2.1. It may have been a little stiffer coming out of the fridge, but not enough that it impacted my experience. The texture and mouthfeel is nicer.

I should say that Iā€™ve been eating Huel since 1.2 (possibly even 1.1). The first time I tried vanilla was 2.1, before that I only ate U/U. In my opinion the post-1.2 U/U has a much better texture and thickness.

1 Like

Same problem for me. Everything was fine with the previous version, and now, I just canā€™t eat itā€¦ Itā€™s becoming a king of mousse. Itā€™s not the taste, itā€™s the texture the problem. And even only with one scope of powder for 300ml makes a kind of mousse. Do you have any solution? I was really happy with the product, Iā€™m missing it.

5 Likes

i feel your pain pal

Iā€™ve been living off Huel only for a good 4 months now.

This latest version (2.2) has been the first time Iā€™ve ever really had issues.

The consistency is worse - itā€™s not too thick for me as I add ice and water and blend in an actual blender, but itā€™s definitely more ā€˜gloopyā€™.

The second problem all of a sudden for me as with others Iā€™ve seen on here is digestion. Iā€™m farting like a mad man now and they smell so bad someone might die. Thatā€™s only started with 2.2.

1 Like

Huel, youā€™ve fucked up the perfect product.

WHY!??!?!?

can you please make two versions, 2.1 and 2.2

2 Likes

Haha, Iā€™ve said that since 1.2

The answer has always been no. No they wonā€™t.

1 Like

Which baffles me, if there is a market for different versions I donā€™t see the problem. Itā€™s like preferring a juice over a milkshake, the difference between v1.2 and v2.2 is nigh on a completely different product.

And when they said we were only buying v1.2 as it was cheaper I found it insulting.

2 Likes

know any of their competitors? it seems quite retarded to say no to demand

1 Like

https://eatcomplete.co/ Has a bunch of reviews on different brands. Thereā€™s also /r/soylent on reddit, there should be a few lists.

There are LOTS of competitors.

1 Like

Hi there, lots of lumps in mine new order also. Batch - 3019 1121am
Still tastes good but doesnā€™t make for the easiest drink!

1 Like

I totally agree. Was a big fan of the texture and viscosity of early versions. This latest version is way too thick and gloopy for me. Iā€™m staring at four bags of it thinking that Iā€™m not going to get through that. My wife has already ditched it. I may not be far behind.

1 Like

I have just received and started using 2.2 vanilla, previous Vanilla i was doing 2 scoops to 500ml and it would all be ā€œdissolvedā€ (able to drink it all no significant lumps left in bottom of shaker), with 2.2 vanilla this is consistently leaving lumps in it both drank through the internal sieve ,and bigger lumps that look like undissolved gloops in the bottom after

batch number is
3019 10:51am
05/2018 11-05-17

I have had a great experience using huel for breakfast and evening meals up until now but this latest batch is putting me off

1 Like

Same for me. Iā€™ve been having huel for two meals per day since November and really enjoying it, but with my new batch of 2.2 the texture is seriously putting me off. Itā€™s both thinner and lumpier (presumably thinner as itā€™s not blending so well). I normally just shake it in a bottle and drink straight away but thatā€™s not going to work with this consistency. Really disappointed and donā€™t know if l will be able to get through 4 bags :frowning:

1 Like