Huel Bar v3.0 now available - improved texture

@airiartev you’re not imagining things. I just finished a box that I bought in March and opened a new box and they were noticeably softer

Yes… Its pretty weird. Maybe is packaging related and lets some air go outside the bar, drying it out

@Tim_Huel

I too am finding they don’t keep long.

I first ordered a box of Cocoa and Cocoa and Orange. I ate the Cocoa first, and they were indeed so soft and fudgy, and a delight to eat compared to v2.0. They were exactly like @TimOfficialHuel shows in https://giphy.com/gifs/1k1ymsmQ9Gl5SrmIKN/html5 However, when I came to the Cocoa and Orange box, I found they were a lot drier, so I decided on my next order to get 5 (the max) boxes of just Cocoa.

The majority of the first box I ate was fine (averaging 1 bar per day), but I was noticing they were already getting much drier by the end. Now I’m onto the next boxes and they are so dry and unpleasant to eat. I’m really disappointed how long they stay soft. And their best before end is Sep! Two months away!

How many others are finding this is the case? I’m really unhappy how quickly they go bad and doubt I’ll buy any more now.

1 Like

Yes… it seems a real problem of humidity loss. My 3.0 bars are almost in their best before date and it remembers a lot to my 2.0 bars.

In fact, when I eat the bars, I cant even talk

2 Likes

@airiartev check your notification settings. You can select from “watching, tracking, normal or muted” for every thread.
Also check your personal account settings.

1 Like

Akismet temporarily hid my post as it suspected it was spam (probably because it’s my first post and it included a URL for the gif). Had wait for it to get approved by staff, so it’s likely notifications weren’t sent until then, but the timestamp shows when I actually posted it.

I think its okay

Mmm weird. Havent seen this kind of safety before hahah

Happens all the time. Can be for a number of reasons, not sure why askimet hid this one. Often it’s because the post was typed really quickly/copypasted in, which suggests bot.

Maybe I type too fast! :joy:

Any advice on why my v3.0 bars are so dry after only a few weeks? I’ve got 3 full boxes left that are basically inedible. I miss how my first few bars were like :frowning: Should I contact support?

As I said above I’ve experienced this too, but they’re definitely not inedible! You guys missed out on the v1 bars, they were like cement! (No offence Huel HQ) Just get yourself a cup of tea and tuck in :yum: you can also microwave them for 10-15 to make them very soft

2 Likes

I’ve just received my first box of v3 bars.
I can’t tell much difference really between v2 and v3.
Same crumbly texture although v3 is possibly very slightly more chewy (actually, as I’m writing and chewing it’s definitely getting stuck in my teeth!)

Anyway, I like them a lot. I liked v2 and I like v3 also. I love that they are satisfying and not more-ish. I bought a box to take hiking with me in a couple of weeks and had concerns that I would scoff the lot today :joy:

The removal of the chicory root fibre is a massive thumbs up from me :+1:t2: as I will now be able to munch 2 or 3 over the day if I need to.

Overall verdict - yep these are perfect :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be without them. Love 'em. Perfect for camping too :+1:

As a long term user of most of the Huel products I have to say that I recently started using the plenny bar from Jimmy joy because it has 400kcal which is great for me because it fills me perfectly.

I bring my meal to my job everyday in my pocket. I dont have to carry any bag to fit my prepared Huel, despite I would prefer a great Huel of 550kcal.

Huel, if you create a 400-450 kcal bar and solve the dryness of the bar, I would switch instantly.

1 Like

I tried those recently, I thought they were absolutely lovely. They have a marshmallow taste like Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Squares, and like you I prefer the larger size.

1 Like

I really dislike the Jimmy Joy and PhD bars - so sweet and gooey and sickly.

I much prefer Huel bars which taste and feel much more like food, than a chocolate bar.
The only other bars I like are Pulsin pea protein ones which are very similar to Huel but with inferior nutrition and they are more-ish (delicious in fact but that’s not a good thing in my opinion because I eat them all).

Huel bars are my idea of perfection - satiating, good taste and texture, but not so good I want to eat more than I actually need to.

Nah, not for me, I bring my meal in my pocket with the 400kcal bar, no powder, no water, nothing. Its perfect. I even would like it a little bigger, 500kcal.

Fun fact is that the plenny bar has less suggar than Huel’s.

Tell you what that crack is really moreish

1 Like

You tried the new Plenny Bar then? Gotta get my hand in one of those. Only tried the old Twennybars.

Edit: Also need to get my hands on the “new” 3.0 bars :sweat_smile:

I will buy next time the old twenny bars, more cheap and I dont care that much about not being vegan. The nutritional profile is the same