Huel RTD for CFS/ME & weight loss

Hello everyone! :wave::wave::wave:

I tried Huel late last year as a tool to manage my ME/CFS and weight loss. I loved it - the slow release carbs and low sugar kept my energy levels much more even - but mixing the powder was too much for me when my ME/CFS was bad. I found out Huel had released a ready-to-drink version last week and now I’m back to give it another go!

Re: weightloss. I want to lose 45lbs over the next year. I gained this weight when I became ill and I’ve struggled to come up with a plan! Now, I’m aiming to lose 2lbs/week in March, 1lbs/week in April-October and 0.5lbs/week in November-February by using Huel granola & RTD for weekday breakfasts & lunches and My Fitness Pal for other meals.

Wish me luck! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I found that eliminating milk and taking ibuprofen helps with cfs

1 Like

Day one! :+1::+1::+1:

Breakfast: Huel granola original
Lunch: Huel RTD vanilla
Dinner: poached eggs & avocado on toast

First time trying Huel granola and it was okay. Alright tasting (but not tasty) and it kept me full until lunch. Eventually, I’m going to transition to Huel RTD for breakfast & lunch. RTD is a revelation - delicious, so much smoother than powder mix, already looking forward to my next one. I’m a little more hungry that usual for dinner but not uncomfortably. The ease of not having to prepare anything before hand or when you are ready to eat is wonderful! For me, it’s worth the price difference. My only unhappiness is the plastic waste.

Good luck!
I set myself the target of losing 50lbs with huel being the helping hand I needed.
I have the powder and find that once I’m in a routine, I just make up the following days Huel in about 1 minute.

1 Like

Week one! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

43lbs to go!

Hi also giving Huel a go to help with ME. Planning and preparing 3 meals a day was just too much for me. Having Huel for two meals then a cooked evening meal is going much better. I use a hand blender which helps as I can blend it in the shaker.

2 Likes

Week two! :clap::clap::clap:

41lbs to go!

2 Likes

Week three! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

39lbs to go!

6 Likes

Week four! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

37lbs to go!

5 Likes

Way to go :tada: keep it up! Are you just using Ready-to-drink, with a bit of Granola? Sorry that Powder wasn’t quite right for you.

Granola for breakfast and RTD for lunch on weekdays. The powder is great (love that it’s so cheap and low plastic waste) but mixing it is a bit much when I’m ill. The RTD is a life saver!

Sorry if I’m a bit daft here—what’s CFS/ME? :slight_smile:
Great job btw!!

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. I suppose simplistically its like being tired all the time!

1 Like

Week 5! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

35lbs to go!

@NLJ I found you when searching for CFS/ ME, I also suffer with this. How are you getting on?