Huel v3.0 - Seaweed smell - New version coming soon?

Here’s the outlet store @MKiran
You can buy all the v2.3 flavours except mint-choc which is sold out
https://uk.huel.com/collections/huel-outlet

Absolutely, but they lose long-time customers every time they change the formula. Everything is a critical flaw for somebody.

A lot of people hate the inclusion of kelp in v3.0. We’ve seen it mentioned countless times. But so far you’re the only person to post about the smell. I don’t believe that’s an issue for most people.

1 Like

I think that was Ron - he smells of creosote.

1 Like

Oh my god. You should go to jail for that one.

I was going to make a reference to an old strapline instead “does what it says on the tin” and say that Huel v3.0 with kelp “smells like it says on the pouch” but after your valuable feedback decided not too.

Besides that, on new years day someone flagged one of my posts (about kite surfing and wind) as being off topic. So my new year’s resolution will be to not post anything off topic*

*but as 2020 has started it will need to be a future year’s resolution. Maybe 2047 or something. This year’s one is to not add any "I Like my Huel like I like my (insert random rubbish here) posts. So far so good.

1 Like

I’m really surprised to read your comments regarding an off smell, sorry to hear that, in your email contact with us have you given batch information so we can investigate? The kelp in Huel does not smell like seaweed, we haven’t heard this report. I wonder if this is something else.

We always listen to customer feedback but I believe what you were told was in relation to Black Edition, where we have removed kelp quickly based on feedback here regarding allergen risk, not smell (link to post here).

We have not decided whether or not we are going to remove kelp in v3.0, only that we are considering it. Kelp is a great source of natural iodine and despite allergen warnings is still vegan. If we can source a clean source of kelp this is favourable. As we’ve said, your Huel shouldn’t have these off notes and this might be something different, let us know your batch number and date and we can investigate.

7 Likes

I wonder if I ever get flagged for stuff. No one tells me, if so. My new years resolution is to stray off topic even more often.

@Tim_Huel how much kelp is even in Huel? I know you can’t give exact amounts, but is it a little bit, a really tiny bit, a massive frond, just a spot, or what?

3 Likes

how much kelp is even in Huel? I know you can’t give exact amounts, but is it a little bit, a really tiny bit, a massive frond, just a spot, or what?

There’s around 0.03%. So not enough to affect smell.

7 Likes

Thanks, James. I knew it’d be a tiny amount because it’s such a concentrated source of iodine.

1 Like

Thanks @ChristinaT - ordered 2 bags !

1 Like

Huel v3.0 doesn’t smell like seaweed, that’s a load of rubbish.

Kelp makes 0.03% of Huel… It isn’t even possible.

2 Likes

I can’t smell any seaweed either I stuck my head deep inside the bag and accidentally inhaled all the powder up my nose in one go. Wow that was one cool trip man

4 Likes

I think there’s probably something wrong with that individual bag or the banana flavour. It’s unlikely to have anything to do with the 0.51g of kelp. At least it doesn’t smell fishy! That would be even worse!

1 Like

How many people smelled their bag and now feel silly for doing so?

1 Like

This whole thread smells fishy to me. He’s done you up like a kipper @ian42

@Ian42 Ian feels silly

1 Like

i5sie

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks @Tim_Huel :slight_smile:
The batch number is 15651/15551 (the print isnt very clear)

I’ve ordered 2 bags of Huel v2.3 in the meanwhile.

Hi, a common topic is smelly farts from huel, studies show kelp help eliminate these, so worth a try? Also taste is smell, I cant smell any fish in it also I am allergic and had no reaction, so save to assume it’s all good?