Huel v3.0 - Seaweed smell - New version coming soon?

I wonder if I ever get flagged for stuff. No one tells me, if so. My new years resolution is to stray off topic even more often.

@Tim_Huel how much kelp is even in Huel? I know you can’t give exact amounts, but is it a little bit, a really tiny bit, a massive frond, just a spot, or what?

3 Likes

how much kelp is even in Huel? I know you can’t give exact amounts, but is it a little bit, a really tiny bit, a massive frond, just a spot, or what?

There’s around 0.03%. So not enough to affect smell.

7 Likes

Thanks, James. I knew it’d be a tiny amount because it’s such a concentrated source of iodine.

1 Like

Thanks @ChristinaT - ordered 2 bags !

1 Like

Huel v3.0 doesn’t smell like seaweed, that’s a load of rubbish.

Kelp makes 0.03% of Huel… It isn’t even possible.

2 Likes

I can’t smell any seaweed either I stuck my head deep inside the bag and accidentally inhaled all the powder up my nose in one go. Wow that was one cool trip man

4 Likes

I think there’s probably something wrong with that individual bag or the banana flavour. It’s unlikely to have anything to do with the 0.51g of kelp. At least it doesn’t smell fishy! That would be even worse!

1 Like

How many people smelled their bag and now feel silly for doing so?

1 Like

This whole thread smells fishy to me. He’s done you up like a kipper @ian42

@Ian42 Ian feels silly

1 Like

i5sie

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks @Tim_Huel :slight_smile:
The batch number is 15651/15551 (the print isnt very clear)

I’ve ordered 2 bags of Huel v2.3 in the meanwhile.

Hi, a common topic is smelly farts from huel, studies show kelp help eliminate these, so worth a try? Also taste is smell, I cant smell any fish in it also I am allergic and had no reaction, so save to assume it’s all good?

I’ve noticed a fish smell in my Nutribullet blender if the top had been left on the cleaned tub. If I leave the top off and let the air circulate, the smell goes away. This is version 2.3. I have, but haven’t used the version 3 yet.

God help you with version 3 then it will stink your house out like its Grimsby docks

I am surprised someone even believes this is even possible. All this negative feedback on Kelp is honestly ridiculous, and the fact Huel gave up and changed the formula makes me seriously doubt they have at heart achieving the best formula (if they added kelp they had their reasons… so removing it now seems like a step back!).

3 Likes

They don’t want to change it, they just want to be able to skip the allergy warning. Tim said:

We’ve had mixed messages though. When Huel Black was announced they said they did reformulate it at the last minute based on feedback. But again, they would prefer to keep it and find a source with no risk of contamination.

That “MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF CUTE DOLPHINS” warning is a big problem for them.

3 Likes

Well personally I hope they keep kelp in it

3 Likes

Why do you hate dolphins, @Ian42?

2 Likes