Improvements to Huel Daily Greens

It doesnt look like USA is changing as there is no topic on their forum anyway…

Wonder if we can import lol, shambles if theres isnt getting changed.

1 Like

That’s why I thought I’d better ask them it may be both UK and US and I can sleep soundly. Or it could be not and I’ll sleep like Mark Menzies when locked in a flat by bad people.

4 Likes

I am a DG subscriber, and I do like the current formulation. I have subscribed for ~ 4 months. The product is quite expensive IMHO £45 per month for 455g. Going to 255g for essentially the same price, is you price gouging a successful product. I suspect despite the pitch you will loose significant customer base in the current financial climate. I for one have paused my subscription. I may try one of the “new formulation” some time after May, but am unlikely to continue which is a shame as I feel I benefit from the existing one.

Sorry Huel but I am not convinced by your latest announcement, and your going to loose my subscription. I’ll save the £45 a month as you try to save shipping 200g less product and charge the same price. I’ll save £45 a month :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t get all hung up about size. Size doesn’t matter. It’s what they’ve done with it that counts.

3 Likes

It’s the motion of the ocean not the size of the boat. But I find it hard to ride the north sea waves in a canoe.

3 Likes

Yes, the updated UK formula will be made here in the UK :blush: For now, the US version will continue to be made across the pond.

1 Like

baptising the new factory?

Thanks, but will the ingredients/portion sizes be revised in the US and if not why not? You gave the sort of answer that politicians like Michael Gove and Jeremy rhyming slang use.

5 Likes

Excellent post; point very well made @Hex :muscle::heart:

5 Likes

I know right?! How DARE they improve the taste, weight, storage and preparation of the product, while keeping the entire product purpose the same. Just outrageous. And the fact they didn’t get the consent of every customer before spending significant amounts of their own money on R&D? Shocking.

Makes me so angry that a company cares about our opinions AND rapidly innovates on it. Why can’t they sit back, do nothing and reap profits instead like most others? Or at least take a year before doing anything? Jeez. It’s unspeakable that the new version has absolutely NO material difference to the product’s actual purpose and my original purchasing decision. I’d have NEVER subscribed originally if there was less tapioca in this GREENS powder like there is now…

Huel, the feedback is clear. Please can you ignore everyone in future, do nothing about customer feedback or ways to improve a product, and acquire my specific personal consent before doing ANYTHING in future? Thanks.

If not, then legally you need to amend every product’s packaging to “non-consensual complete nutrition”. When Daily Greens released, myself and others said we use less water because of the consistency issue, and it’s just a joke that you actually listened and fixed it. I’m so mad that you care!!!1!1!11!

3 Likes

@Hex…If you are a DG user you are doing nothing to promote it’s calming effects. Please let others have an opinion without responding so aggressively…if you don’t know how to do that then perhaps refrain and realise that opinions don’t match your. At the very least try to be civil and a little more understanding in your responses. Just remember that not everyone disregards shrinkflation as a rumour.
@alexgreyhead
I didn’t realise that all the ingredients that have been removed/decreased were actually totally free to purchase regardless of their beneficial value…so that must be why price stays the same while the product shrinks.
(Please don’t burst a blood vessel when you read this) :joy:

2 Likes

@Shannan12 Whooooooossshhhhhh

3 Likes

Or that they all received the email inviting them to check out the thread at the same time…

1 Like

Athletic Greens is 370g, Huel Greens has gone from 450g to 255g. I didn’t sign up for the size of the bag, I signed up because it’s a legit competitor to Athletic Greens which costs me £80 per month. Main thing though is I have an original Huel Greens bag, would be good to see if all the organic ingredients like organic veg and fruits etc are still in this new Huel Greens, that’s the main thing for me, more than the weight.

1 Like

I think they are.

Disappointed to cancel my Huel Daily Greens subscription. While I admire cost-saving measures, reducing content by nearly half without adjusting the price feels like a letdown. Spirulina and fibre were big selling points for me. Some nutrients show significant changes, and the drop in fibre is disappointing. This feels more about margins than customer value. Already exploring alternatives. Thanks.

2 Likes

Think you’ll be pleasantly surprised :green_heart:

3 Likes

Don’t cancel it then.

3 Likes

Don’t we have to compare it though to the closest competitor, which is athletic greens? Huel is now 30% less in weight than AG1. but it’s 50% the price. Huel is £40, AG1 is £80. There truly is no alternatives that come close to the level of AG1, only Huel. I have looked, for a long time.

2 Likes

Huel greens is made in the UK now though, not shipped all the way over, so should only cost a quid.

1 Like