Intemitted diet (16:8) plus crossfit plus Huel - 30 days - FINISHED!

Wow!!! you can so tell the difference!

I must admit I took pictures 4 weeks ago and noticed that although weight wise not much change Body composition is as I can see my muscles becoming more defined!!

Well done!!

Definitely motivating!! :facepunch:

2 Likes

Monday. Day 19.
Activities: Crossfit.
Diet: back on track :slight_smile:
Food: 6 scoops of Huel, 2 scoops of whey protein, sweet potato fries, and breaded chicken stripes.
Calories: 1917.
Attitude: good.

Tuesday. Day 20.
Diet: hard work.
Food: 5 scoops of Huel, 1 scoop of whey protein, fried chicken and wholemeal tortilla wrap.
calories: 1417
Attitude: Hungry.

Wednesday. Day 21.
Activities: very busy all day, no chance for nothing. :frowning:
Diet: no time to eat so no problems :slight_smile:
Food: 8 scoops of Huel, 1 scoop of whey protein, oatā€™nā€™honey buiscuit (25g).
Attitude: good.
Calories: 1454

Thursday. Day 22.
Activities: nothing.
Diet: hard work.
Food: 5 scoops of Huel, 1 scoop of whey protein, protein bar, pizzaā€¦, milk.
Calories: 1925

Next Sunday will be my final day of this experimentā€¦ Canā€™t believe it is day 22 already!!!

Loving this thread dude, very motivating, thanks!

1 Like

Hey GreenDreamer,

Thank you mate, comments like this one keep me going stronger!

After doing the intermittent fasting thing for a little while, what are your thoughts on it, do you think itā€™s helped much? Iā€™ve read a bit about it but havenā€™t yet decided if Iā€™m going to do it as well as the calorie counting.
Iā€™m going to start my own thread on Monday sharing my weight loss progress and keep myself accountable!

Not finished yet, have another week to goā€¦
Here are my thoughts so far:

• training wise (crossfit) - I do have more stamina. Much more, in fact! Strength seems to be a bit better, but not much
  • I am loosing weight and are more tonned.

And here is few negatives:

• I eat only between 11am till 7pm. Not always, but sometimes I de feel pretty hungry in the morning. It is still manageable though.
  • Social life suffers. Weekends are hardest so I do allow myself eating dinner a bit later on Saturday or Sunday. I am not a fanatic!!!

Writing this blog is helping my to stay motivated, so please start your tread. It will help you keep going!

Good luck! I am looking forward to reading about your experience.

Hereā€™s my thread! My fat loss journey: Huel + weight lifting + swimming/surfing

Friday.Day 23.
Diet: yes.
Food: 4 scoops of Huel, 1 scoop of whey protein, protein bar, salad, choc choc biscuits, chicken breast, cakeā€¦(birthday at work)
Calories: 1880
Attitude: fairly good.

Saturday. Day 24.
Diet: not reallyā€¦
Food: 2 scoops of Huel, 2 scoops of whey protein, homemade fishsoup (yes, done it myself), 2 oranges, glass of milk, swedish glace ice cream, choc choc biscuits.
Calories: 2076
Attitude: too hot to feel good. :frowning:

Sunday. Day 25.
Activities: 5k jog. Felt rubbish, too hot and too humid.
Food: ooo I had plenty! 2 scoops of huel 1 scoop of whey protein, 2 jam doughnuts, french baton with beef, rolos (!!!), fish soup.
Calories: hard to judge, approximately 2500
Attitude: too much to eat, hot, feeling very heavy.

Sunday measurments, taken first thing in the morning:
Weight: 79.5, Body Fat: 21.7%

Next week it will be my last of this test. I will write about whole experiance trying to reach some sort of conclusions. Keep your fingers crossed, keep hueling and feeling better!

3 Likes

Wow you can definitely see changesā€¦ much much leaner!!

Well doneā€¦ Great incentive to everyone that consistency is key.

I will post up soon as I can as I definitely see changes in myself ( not the scales) but body composition.

Well done! :grinning:

K

1 Like

Thank you!
I do agree: consistency is key!
So keep Hueling and keep crossfitting!
:weight_lifting_man:

1 Like

Monday. Day 26.
diet: ok
Food: 7 scoops of Huel, 2 scoop of whey pretein, birthday cakeā€¦(not my birthday), 2 eggs, ryvita bread, houmus, a banana
Calories: 2038
Attitude: good workout. Extra calories from Sunday made difference!

Tuesday. Day 27.
Diet: hungry hungry hungry.
Food: 4 scoops of Huel, houmus, 1 hard boiled egg, ryvita bread, peppered beef chunks, 1 scoop of whey protein, buttermilik, oat biscuits.
Calories: 1641
Attitude: positive.

Wednesday. Day 28.
Activities: nothing. blocked nose and muscles pain. Not feeling too good :frowning:
Diet: hungry hungry hungry.
Food: 4 scoops of Huel, 1 scoop of whey protein, herring in tomato sauce, veg salad, fried chicken breast with mushrooms.
Attitude: waching Wimbledon under the blanketā€¦ :frowning:

Finish is near - just few more daysā€¦ Can we do itā€¦? YES WE CAN! :weight_lifting_man:

1 Like

Thursday. Day 28.
Activities: nothing. still under the weather.
Diet: ok.
Food: 3 scoops of Huel, potatoes, venison sausages, tortilla wrap with peanut butter, low fat cottage cheese.
Calories: 1820
Attitude: feeling tired and flu-ish.

Friday. Day 29.
Diet: ok
Food: 5 scoops of Huel, 1 scoop of whey protein, tuna with salad and olive oil, skimmed milk, jaffa cakes :smiley:
Calories: 1950, all of them lovely
Attitude: feeling better, glad to be back to being active!

Saturday. Final Day.
Diet: no problems
Food: 4 scoops of Huel, 2 scoops of protein whey, oat biscuits, jaffa cakes, chicken tikka masala with pishwari naan. Nice take away with my wife :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sunday: Summary Day.
Weight: 78,7 kg, body fat: 21,4%

My thoughts about this one month test:

• Weight and fat. From 82.5 kg down to 78.7 kg. From 23% down to 21.4%. However sceptical I am about my scale abilities to measure body fat I am confident my weight was measured precisely. It is almost 4 kg lost in 30 days!!! I call it a very good result. I am not sure if it is visible on the pictures but my body fat gone down. As I said before, I do not trust my scale, but all my jeans feel loose and they will fell without a belt. Talking about belts - I needed to drill an extra hole in one of them! Result.

• 16:8 diet. My feeding window was 11am to 7pm. I had maybe 4 days in which it was hard work, rest of the time it was perfectly manageable. Biggest challenge was to eat enough proteins and good carbs and minerals within 8 hours feeding window, which brings me to my next point:

• Huel. cannot be praised enough. It was quick and tasty (yes, I do like it). Mixed with protein whey when I wanted more proteins, bananas, blueberries, apples, cinnamon, milk, water etc, when I needed variety. It is not official Huel selling point (it should be!!!), but I found it really amazing as a post - workout drink. I keep on drinking Huel daily, no questions about it.

• Crossfit - it is hard work. You have to find a good box (gym) with experience coaches. Be sensible about what you can and cannot do. Plus consistent. Results are unavoidable.

• calories intake - I use MyFitnessPal and I like it :slight_smile:

Thank you all for reading, keep active, drink Huel and donā€™t be to hard on yourself :slight_smile: little cake here or there is not such a bad thing :wink:

5 Likes

Awesome results! Thanks for posting, love seeing people succeeding in their goals.

Great closing statement, absolutely agree!

1 Like

This was a really motivating journey to follow. Thank you for posting your progress, and well done on your results, good effort!

I think your body fat looks less than 21%. Have you tried getting some calipers and measuring using skin folds? They are only a few quid online, or maybe there is a trainer at the gym that has some and can take your measurements.

1 Like

You arenā€™t anywhere near 21%. You didnā€™t start anywhere near 23%. Your scale is wrong and these kinds of readings are dangerous to many people psychologically.

The fact that I can see your ā€œVā€ below your abdomen would suggest lower than 15% body fat. Hard to tell with the lighting, but Iā€™d definitely suggest around 14%.

If you go any skinnier it will look horrendous. Up your calories and pack on some mass. Crossfit + calorie surplus will pack on a tonne of lean mass and strength.

Worth a look at this diagram.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment!

Not going to get any skinnier and upping my calories :smiley: - as if you read my mind! I believe it will let me work out a bit harder for a bit longer, at least that is my plan for a next month.

And yes, your are right about my scale. Is ()(&)(^%#(&^ !!

2 Likes

Hello mate, thank you for your comment!

I will talk to my trainer.

Glad to hear mate. If you can pack some mass onto that frame youā€™ll be looking super lean and fairly sizeable. Best of luck!

Iā€™m the opposite, finished my bulk now trimming ready for holiday in September.

Well done fella! Enjoyed reading about your progress. Thanks for taking the effort to document.