Liver shrinkage diet

Hi Everyone,

I’m about to begin my liver shrinkage diet in preparation for my bariatric surgery. I’ve learned that Huel should be suitable in smaller portions at regular intervals. The hospital suggested consuming 5 servings of SlimFast each day. Does anyone know the equivalent ratio with Huel? Would it be one scoop five times a day mixed with semi skimmed milk?

Thanks

How many calories in a slim fast shake, do you know?

Actually I just googled it and a slim fast ready made meal replacement is 204 calories in banana

A Huel RTD drink is 400 calories.

About 45 grams or 1 scoop of Huel powder is about 200 calories so that equates to about 5 scoops of Huel in water a day. About 1000 calories

Hi, Thank you :grinning:

I just realised a typo. 5 scoops is 1000 not 100 calories. You probably guessed that but I’ve amended it now

1 Like

Huel is nutritionally complete at 2000 calories, and isn’t designed to be used during very low calorie diets. As Slimfast is designed for this purpose, it’s likely to have a higher concentration of vitamins and minerals per 100 calories. Just worth bearing in mind to make sure you’re still meeting your body’s micronutrient needs despite consuming fewer calories :blush:

1 Like