Mac and Cheeze

Was so excited to see Mac’n’cheese…and then discovered it contains Celery :flushed::roll_eyes::weary: Why why why??? Such a huge allergen should not be used in Huel ever.

1 Like

I have tried this, and it won’t let me do anything unless I select 3 items. And while trying, its not giving out any indication on whats wrong. This is both when adding subscription or one time. Bad UX in my book. And if you really want to force people to buy 3 packs, bad business decisions.

Add your order to your basket and it takes you to the “Exclusive Basket” screen. You can order a single H&S from here

I am afraid I have to complain. You have emojis of cheese when it doesn’t contain any. You need emojis of nooch. Or one of dandruff will look similar.

3 Likes

As long as you have one product at its minimum requirement you can add single items to the order. For example if you usually order 2 bags of 3.0, you can add a single bag of H&S at the checkout page. I do this a lot when I want to try a new flavour or something.

I was going to go all in and get 3 bags of mac and cheese, but I got 2 mac and cheese and one old reliable tomato and herb. I’m very excited because I’ve been getting the Wicked vegan mac and cheese pots sometimes but they’re made of straight garbage and I’ve always dreamed of being able to live on mac and cheese. Can’t wait to try it :heart_eyes:

The wicked products are predominantly unhealthy. Too high in salt and sugar. I was hoping better from them when they launched. Most of it is vegan junk food and becoming increasingly more so with all the cakes and biscuits they have brought out this year.

1 Like

I’m presumably missing something obvious… but this doesn’t seem to be the case on my end.

The subscriptions are divided by type and each seems to have it’s own renewal date and minimum requirement.

I did find an ‘add an item to your order’ button, which let me select one bag of Mac and Cheese and let me decide between subscription or one-time-order… but has no confirm or done button to push it through.

As said, I feel like I’m missing something… but if I’m missing it, then I suspect I’m not the only one. Suggests that a better UI is needed.

Never mind… The ‘Add to Order’ button appears when I add three or more items, so no good either for anyone who wants to order just one (in addition to their normal order of a different product).

Morning all! Have those who couldn’t work out how to add a single pouch of Mac & Cheeze to their basket managed to? I think that for an hour or 2 after I wrote this post that the account area functionality wasn’t quite working on our UK site. It’s all good now and you should be able to add a single product to your upcoming subscription, without having to buy 3 total pouches of H&S. You cannot add a single pouch of mac and cheeze and only order that, nothing has changed there. @bjorn let me know how you’re getting along :blush:

@volker sorry about that. Mac & Cheeze is a tricky one to get the flavour right and has taken quite a long time to nail. We’ve got to mask the pea protein and other strong flavours from all the nutritious ingredients, without creating an overly fake cheese taste.

This is the best I can do for nooch :bowl_with_spoon: :yellow_circle: but I will stick with the cheese wedge, never thought we’d be serving up Mac & Cheeze, so the novelty isn’t going to wear off anytime soon :cheese:

2 Likes

No change for me.

In the left-hand block, I have:
• Subscriptions
• Upcoming Deliveries
• Order History

Subscriptions is split by product, with each subscription seemingly being independent of each other, so no mix and match options. For example, I have a subscription for ‘Huel Ready-to-drink’ and the ‘edit subscription’ button just lets me change the amounts and dates for only Ready-to-drink.

Upcoming Deliveries shows my next order and delivery date… and does have an ‘Add to Order’ button. However, it only works if I add three Mac and Cheese to the order. It doesn’t let me through if I try to just add one pack.

Have you found this section here? Just click that and it will add a single pouch to your next subscription.

Screenshot looks like the account overview tab? That section doesn’t appear for me.

Could you email us on team@huel.com? It sounds like a specific problem for you and the team will be better equipped to help you out. Sorry for the difficulty here, we’ll get you your Mac & Cheeze.

already ordered :sunglasses:

Anyone had one yet? Might swap one of my next orders for one

Mac & Cheeze looks great on the surface but glucose syrup is something I never expected to see in Huel product.

3 Likes

Me neither… quite weird…

1 Like

as it’s listed as a component of the creamer - I guess it’s there only to soften and add volume to the ‘cheese’ sauce. as the sugars in M&C are on the low side like TGC compared to the other flavours, I wouldn’t have thought its presence was a concern.

It’s totally valid for you to raise this however it’s not something you need to be concerned about:

• the amount used in Hot & Savoury is tiny, I’ve just asked the team and it’s <1% of the finished product
  • the sugar level is inline with other Hot & Savoury products and is lower in some cases

The benefits here are much outweighing any perceived negatives as it really contributes to the mouthfeel, texture and taste. It’s providing very little nutrition, it’s more about function.

• creamy mouthfeel and texture
  • neutralises the fatty taste from vegetable fats we use for essential fatty acids

Hope that helps alleviate any concerns.

Also, has anyone tried it yet?! I would love to see some reviews from you guys! Please drop them below here so we can see what you think! I’m honestly on tenterhooks!!

1 Like