Mexican Chilli Flavour Hot & Savoury đŸŒ¶

On the odd chance I agree to have an Indian curry, I have to specify mild. They look at me and ask me ‘Okay, Asian mild, so you mean medium?’. No, I mean mild. Home cooking has always had spices and chilli to flavour, not over-power, so on a fairly regular basis other Asians look at me funny when I say my chilli tolerance is low :woman_shrugging:t2: I’m assuming these will be fine for my easy-going tastebuds

Yeah, the Official Huel Chilli Scale rates it as :hot_pepper::hot_pepper:, but it’s 2 out of 500.

1 Like

For reference. Though I can settle this once and for all later today. I grow hot peppers every year and make my own sauce and salsa, so I have a few test kits.

We’re here and listening! Thanks for the feedback though, were there any flavours you think would work particularly well/you really like and would like to see us try out?

:laughing:

Chop some chilli, add some coriander and you’re there!

1 Like

Seriously, it’s not hard to add flavoursome heat.

Lol.

I only ask as mine has come out soupy looking or a gelatinous mess that only a parent would love when I’ve made it. Luckily I like both variants, but if I could make something that looked like the press images I could serve it as a legit family meal.

1 Like

Umm
 yes!!! I want to read some first-hand takes on this before buying any. Love the Thai GC, the Tomato & Herb is meh for me. I’m hoping this is delicious!! Well done Huel.

Totally agree with everything you’ve said. I tried adding heat, adding pasta, all sorts of stuff but tomato just didn’t work for me.

Thai Green though is proper chefs kiss, so I have high hopes of this chili.

I too think T&H is meh and have to spice it up a bit whereas TGC is mwah!

2 Likes

I will make a short video of the new variety when it arrives and share it with all of you. I ordered some today. I can use the 3-4 day interim until it arrives to try to hone in my water to Huel ratio to get a better consistency as I still have not gotten this quite right with the TC and TH varieties.

2 Likes

I just hate the green beans in T&H, meticulously removed them today and it was so much better (with som bovril added). TGC is perfect as is

Tried the T&H for the first time yesterday and I have to agree that it just does not do it for me either. It’s just so bland, which is odd considering if you just inhale the dry ingredients in the bag it smells wonderful. I will try some more experimenting before I give up on it entirely, but I am not filled with optimism so far.

Looking forward to the arrival of the Mexican Chilli at my doorstep soon.

A scoop of TGC in the T&H is good. It’s how I’m going to use T&H up.

2 Likes

Quick review:

Flavour is a bit subdued. It’s nice, but it’s not entirely there. The kick is alright. Made my nose run a bit, which is what happens whenever I encounter a bit of spice. Plus I just had chilli for breakfast and my body is like “mate wtf?”

I prefer TGC, but only just. Both are great, and don’t need additional ingredients to jazz them up (unlike T&H, which wakes up the taste buds just enough to piss them off).

4 Likes

leftover reheats? they’re the best.

2 Likes

Lol I used to get told off by my wife (Indian lady who introduced me to curry in the first place!) for eating left over curry for breakfast heh.

chilli, curry and pizza leftover breakfasts were always a treat and, depending on the level of alcohol you’d had the night before, sometimes the only indicator of what you’d gotten up to that night.

1 Like

Haha i dont drink alcohol any more but so many lols for this. Cold pizza was always my poison!

I always purposefully order too much pizza, just for the cold pizza the next day. I have been known to order early so it’s cold when I come to eat it

1 Like

Pizza, no matter how much is ordered in my house, never lasts to the next day! I have a pizza hover called my roommate.

1 Like