Mixing your perfect Huel

Continuing the discussion from Time to finally lose some weight:
Moving into a new thread to keep my weight loss one on topic.
Fresh or frozen fruit blended into Huel is good and a healthy way to add flavour and thicken things up at the same time. Otherwise something as simple as adding spices like ginger or cinnamon can be a way to liven things up.
I second the coffee suggestion too. Instant coffee granules work very well.
Nut butters are good. Nutella if you like that, or maple syrup if you want to go full sugar load.
Lots of options. The key is to experiment first to find a thickness/temperature you like and then start experimenting more with flavours I think.

4 Likes

I’ve not found nut butters very flavourful when added to Huel. For whatever reason, the flavour just doesn’t seem to carry. I love almond butter but the taste just vanishes in Huel. I’ve had more luck with nut milks (which are of course more expensive!)

Peanut butter flour works well I find. And being less calorie dense means I can add more “half the fat, twice as much” :grin:

3 Likes

I find the PB Fit Peanut butter stuff is really good too.

4 Likes

That’s the one I’ve been using. Very nice it is too :yum:

3 Likes

Peanut butter sounds like a great idea. Can you get any other powdered nut butters?

1 Like

I like the chocolate huel blended with haagen daaz double chocolate chunk ice cream…
Not only is it orgasmic drunk like a milkshake but I like to be economical - it’s like multitasking by combining dinner and dessert into one

:icecream::chocolate_bar: :yum: :drooling_face: :ice_cream: :grin::laughing::grin::laughing:

4 Likes

You can’t eat powdered peanut butter off the spoon in the same way as real pb though :neutral_face:

You can mix it with a bit of water and use it like normal peanut butter.

1 Like

I’m just greedy and like to eat it out the jar! In that respect the powdered stuff is great for putting in Huel and other smoothies and stops me pigging out!

2 Likes

I pig out on the powdered stuff :laughing: :pig:
Like @Bee says, mix it with water and use it as normal
It’s delicious :drooling_face:
At least it has less oil / fat so I don’t feel so bad

1 Like

The powdered one Sainsbury’s stocks is on offer at the moment!! My problem is I’m too lazy to mix it with water first and it sucks all the liquid out your mouth :rofl::rofl::rofl:

When I have the time, I like to prepare a fresh filter coffee in a Nutribullet blender bottle, and refrigerate it over night. In the morning I throw in three scoops of Vanilla Huel and a scoop of Protein powder, then blend it with some ice thrown in.

Vanilla iced Huel Latte, anyone? :wink: