*New* Strawberries & Cream Black Edition

This is my only issue with the ordering system. I’d love to be able to get a bag of 3.0 and a bag of black without having to get two 3.0 to get the single black. I’d also like to add a box of chocolate bars but can only seem to add the selection box as an extra. It hasn’t really bothered me before but now I’d like the new strawberry’s and cream and would make it much easier to try it.

1 Like

Ah yeah I saw that! It would be great if they did this at various locations over the UK. Maybe not just for new products but general stalls that pop up now and again. I used to see small cans of Red Bull being given out for free.

I’d definitely go to one if they did a pop-up in the South West. Imagine that, ice-cold RTD straight in your hand on-the-go :sweat_smile::ok_hand:t2::fire:

Do you reckon it has something to do with people potentially ordering less? Or just the logistics of how it all works in the manufacturing/distribution process?

I can say this is my only fault too - I always like to get one v3.0 bag alongside my BE but don’t tend too as it feels limiting / put off when having to order more than I desire. It’s why I’m more inclined to grab a box of RTD when I want cause you can order 1 box without any restrictions :ok_hand:t2:

I’m pretty sure there are plenty of companies out there that cater to this!

This is something we’re working on. I’ve talked a little about it here

We aren’t working on tester small bags though, due to the points I raise in the above post I’ve linked to. For products like RTD and Bars we have the pop up at check out, as well as brick and mortar stores (which we’re trying to expand).

I would honestly LOVE to do more irl events and pop ups, honestly one of my best days working for Huel. They’re a huge investment of time and planning though, so no more planned soon. But damn I would love to! Shout out to everyone who could come to our H&S launch!

3 Likes

To be fair with the covid situation it’s not been possible to start planning another event :frowning:

I do remember at the first Huel meet and greet, Tim saw me eating a bar. He said, “where did you get that from?” I said, “over there, on that stand”. He said, “oh, they are just for show, not for eating, and they are our last ones, we need them”. It was too late by then as people had began helping themselves :rofl:

4 Likes

Not sure the points are justified, most of use here especially on this forum are in it for the long haul and I think most will agree that they know what they want and what it can do for them however, now there are so many flavours they don’t like to commit to a whole bag just in case.

Personally I have gone through all flavours of H&S however, being at they are 7 meals each it wasn’t too much of a pain if I didn’t like the flavour. On the other hand I have only ever ordered Vanilla shakes because I knew before signing up that that’s a flavour I have tried before and liked and I can always add to it without ruining the flavour. I would like to branch out and try other flavours but I don’t have the money to waste if it turns out that a flavour didn’t agree with me.

OK, as I say we’re looking into a system that makes it easier to try individual items in a way that the pop-up at check out doesn’t currently allow you. But the solution for us isn’t small tester packs. I’m sorry, I know that isn’t what you want to hear.

Thank you, I bloody love that you’re in it for the long haul and you guys and your experiences are so damn important to us. The fact is we aren’t able to offer certain things for longer term customers at check out that first time customers don’t have access to. We do not want to offer taster packs to first time customers for the reasons I’ve already said - basically, it’s not a good experience most of the time because you’ve gotta experiment and change up Huel to suit your own requirements and build it into a lifestyle. This applies even if you are logged in to your account.

This is so funny! Must have been a v1.0 Bar, I was probably more concerned that it was rock hard and you would think it was rubbish! There were some folks on the cocktails who had already stuffed a load in their bag - what a good day that was!

3 Likes

It is !!! Had my first one this morning … really nice and strangely more filling

4 Likes

I received my new flavour strawberries and cream late this afternoon. Of course I had to open the bag for quality control and the strawberry flavour was very noticeable. I made a double portion for tomorrow so not actually tried it yet. It was very thick in the blender compared to v3 white products. Even after adding extra water it was still hard to pour out from blender. My one complaint was resealing the bag. I gave it a clean and also flicked it but it just would not stay closed. Will need to invest in extra containers. Looking forward to my strawberries and cream for breakfast. :strawberry::strawberry::ice_cream:

6 Likes

Just had my first Strawberries & Cream Black Edition. As always I made with 200ml almond milk and 150ml of water and left in the fridge overnight as I like my shakes a little thicker. It was a little thicker than other black flavours I thought but for me that was a bonus.
I have always used vanilla and mint chocolate white versions and vanilla and salted caramel black versions. Although I liked them I was never blown away by the flavour but having just tried strawberries & cream I thought it was amazing with the perfect taste and texture for me. Absolutely my go to flavour now so thanks Huel!

5 Likes

Stoooooooop it guys!! You’re making me go crazy :sweat_smile: Counting down the days until I get through my current batch.

Then this will be me dancing when the order arrives🕺🏻

3 Likes

How sweet is Black Strawberries & Cream compared to Black Banana?
I feel like Banana is way too sweet and I mix it 50/50 with UU, so would be interesting to hear is S&C is the same.

Thanks!

Just had my first one - two words - Angel Delight! Unless my taste memory of Angel Delight is skewed as it’s been a while!

1 Like

I must be a minority but I really don’t like the strawberry and cream! Banana and Vanilla is my favourite but I got the Strawberry and Cream today and I’m not feeling the taste whatsoever! Might try it with milk and see if that helps…

Super excited! Just wondering, is there a reason why new flavours always come out first for huel black, and only later for huel white (eg caramel)?

Maybe Huel Black is the flagship product now?

Would surprise, me as huel white is for normal use, whereas black is higher in protein, more geared towards sports or keto diets, as far as I understand?

I guess the original White line is a more mature product that has gone through various iterations of formulations and flavours so already has a good lineup whereas Black has only recently started playing catch up. Theres also the possibility that flavours do not translate the same between the different bases of Black and White,

So glad that you guys are enjoying Strawberries & Cream! Keep the reviews coming.

I can’t think of any other example of this being the case, other than Salted Caramel. So just a coincidence this time. But as Phil says, v3.0 has a lot of flavours, so building up Black Edition makes sense!