New v3.1 Bars are available!

Ah well. Such is life, eh? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I was quite looking forward to trying these as I’d run out of bars this week. To be honest though, I was a bit disappointed as I was expecting the chocolate chips that seem to get mentioned a lot to be a bit more prominent.

I tried a chocolate bar earlier and couldn’t find evidence of a single chocolate chip! I presume they’re ground up and just part of the ingredients with everything else… but if that’s the case, why make such a big thing about the change in all the marketing?! Feels a bit cheeky.

Is this a good place to post a request for a new flavour?

If so, I’d love to see peanut butter flavoured bars!

3 Likes

They’re definitely in there, but aren’t the same size as chocolate drops, but are more like lil chips. They make a huge difference to the mouthfeel of the Bars. The NPD team told us the technical descriptor was a ‘fatty mouthfeel’ (!), which kind of describes the creamy taste they add.

Apart from the chocolate chips, how were the Bars? Did you ever try v3.0?

It certainly is, noted and will pass on to the team. I would be so keen to see these!

1 Like

I tried the salted caramel bar today! I can only compare it to v2.0 but it was quite nice.

The flavour is definitely salted - for people who found the salted caramel flavour booster too salty they may find this bar too salty as well, but I enjoyed it.

Compared to v2.0 the bar is significantly smaller (but still satisfying to eat!), it’s definitely chewier and far more moist. The old bar I had to eat along side a glass of water, but this was totally fine on its own. The flavour is also much nicer than either of the v2.0’s I’ve tried (coffee and chocolate orange).

Its got a bit of an oiling coating/sheen to the outside which doesn’t bother me as I use the wrapper to hold the bars when I eat them - if you wanted to use your hands though it may not be so pleasant.

My bar definitely had chocolate chips, too! They’re not the classical chips like in a chocolate chip cookie, but more of small chunks. Way way nicer than the cacao nibs in my opinion!

3 Likes

Mine will be arriving this afternoon. Am really looking forward to giving them a try.

Apart from the chocolate chips, how were the Bars? Did you ever try v3.0?

Yep I was a big fan of the v2.0 chocolate. The new ones are okay and certainly feel more moist than the old ones, can’t quite tell which I prefer at the moment. Maybe I’ll find some chocolate chips in one at some point and it’ll sway my opinion :wink:

Salted caramel bars are dee licious :yum: Loving the new chewy texture. Nice one, Huel! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

V3.0 was a huge improvement on V2.0 imo. I enjoyed them so was a little dubious about the new improved smaller V3.1 bars. So glad my fears were unfounded. Can’t wait to try the other flavours :yum:

2 Likes

I have to say, regarding versioning (something I am terrible at I must admit), how does the same bar get a bit softer and warrant an upgrade from 2 -> 3, and yet a completely different size, with different ingredients, and a different name… 3 -> 3.1?!

6 Likes

4.0 is completely rewritten and doesn’t use a single molecule from the 3.x codebase. However it will be incompatible with human physiology unless we upgrade to 64-bit stomachs.

6 Likes

I was hoping to try these today, but I haven’t had a shipping email so it’ll probably be Monday. I left a 200 calorie gap in my budget but I’m going to fill it with crisps. I’m not too torn up about it. :grinning:

edit: the email arrived just after I posted that. The crisps were IN my HANDS! :sob:

6 Likes

Are you seriously eating crisps at 8am @David ? :laughing:

I’m also still waiting for mine… since Thursday… still no email :sob:

3 Likes

It’s never too early for crisps, but I didn’t open the packet and now I never will.

I definitely will.

I wonder where your bars have gone. Which flavour did you order?

2 Likes

@RyanT with the real questions here.:thinking:

1 Like

@RyanT @Latestfuels maybe they don’t want the bar versions to be too far ahead of the powder versions. Maybe version 4 is being saved for a complete reformulation of vitamins some time in the future if it’s ever needed…?
I agree though. And I think v3 should actually have been v2.1.

1 Like

I got chocolate and coffee caramel.
I found the salted caramel boost too salty so thought I may not enjoy the salted caramel bars.
Chocolate is good old chocolate.
Coffee caramel sounded a bit exciting.
Chocolate orange… I’m still trying to get through my last 2 boxes of v2 chocolate orange bars that went out of date last April :joy:
I like them, but I just don’t eat snack bars often enough. I probably shouldn’t have bought 100 quids worth when they sold off all the old stock at half price :woman_facepalming:t3:

Woohoo just got a DPD notification - my bars are arriving today 12.30-1.30 :partying_face:
That’s lunch sorted then

5 Likes

The new chocolate orange bars are really yummy. The taste is very similar to Terry’s Chocolate Orange :yum:

4 Likes

They’re what I’m getting this afternoon. I love Terry’s Chocolate Orange!

2 Likes