Newcomer : farting disaster :-(

Yes it does, into my fourth year.

What percentage of Huel is your daily intake and what else do you have?

25% Max. But I have stopped for a week and feel like I won’t go back. I’m trying other brands and my body reacts the same to all products with pea proteins ; but nothing bad happens with rice or soy protein products.

That’s bad because I really like the texture and the low GI of Huel.

I did it work for you ? 4 years is a lot.

Otherwise I eat mainly eggs, gluten free oats, buckwheat, rice, a lot of fresh vegetables, fish, tofu. No more meat. I did not change my ´real food, diet and it’s fine when I.m not on Huel.

I think it’s the same with all foods - we are all individuals, and some people just can’t get on with peas. Personally I have absolutely no gastro problems with Huel - in fact the opposite. I’m fine with pea protein - I can consume it in large quantities with no ill effect.
Dairy and gluten, and bananas and figs however make me really really really ill.
Some people can’t tolerate eggs. Some people can’t tolerate wheat. Some people can’t tolerate peas…
I even know someone that can’t tolerate oats and I thought oats were about as hypoallergenic as you can get.

There’s always going to be a small percentage of people that can’t tolerate one or more of the ingredients in Huel, unfortunately…

Oh yes, I totally agree.

My point is : the main narrative from powdered food companies about this issue is pointing the high amount of fiber vs. a previous bad diet.

I think the problem is more complex than that :wink:

2 Likes

I would rather fart than have trapped gas causing bloating and pain. My girls (dogs) aren’t complaining :grin:

1 Like

Same here, my little four-legged family is not running away and hating me yet :stuck_out_tongue:
So let me be gassy, at least it’s worth it :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes as @Bee says just let it out for god’s sake :roll_eyes:, better out than in, has to be better than being stuck inside, you could explode.
Maybe you need more water consumption as well to clear out them smelly turds.
I had smelly fartings the first couple of months of starting Huel but don’t much now, my body is used to Huel now and loves it.

Oh boy I DO let it out :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:But I’m not talking about farting, I’m talking about​:tornado:. Ah ah.

Maybe I’ll try for another month :black_joker:

Le dim. 24 févr. 2019 à 15:45, Ian42 via Huel Forum huel@discoursemail.com a écrit :

I’m considering taking Beano. Does it help? Will it have any side effects?

@Tim_Huel is gonna leap out of his hammock and kill you so no need to worry about the effects of Beano. Compared to the wrath of Tim they will be insignificant.

ps. welcome to the community.

1 Like

:grinning: thank you

1 Like

*leaps out of hammock, spills coconut all down front, dashes from under palm tree to find better wifi *

Hi Praveen, welcome to the forum! It’s best practice not to comment on threads which are over a year old. It can be confusing and we end up having the same conversations over again which is frustrating to other members of the community.

Please have a read of this thread :slight_smile:
A brief word on ‘Necroposting’ or bumping up old threads

p.s. no idea what Beano is, but I was (am?) a massive fan of the comic The Beano.

2 Likes