On the matter of scoops

It might help the Huel folks if you specify what exactly you did to try to get a new scoop (eg, use email support, use the notes/additional information field while ordering, try to look for scoops in the list of products, etc).

There used to be a comments field on the order - that was ignored. There is no longer any option on the current order process to add any text or specifically request a scoop.

I’ve tried replying to order confirmations the moment they’ve been received, I’ve emailed the support email address, I’ve replied back to ‘your ticket has been raised’ emails. Nada.

My point is why I am even having to go through this process to get a bit of plastic which should just be included - it detracts from the quality of the brand and takes discussions into this ridiculous minutia.

I don’t agree that they should be included automatically, because I don’t want to collect masses of them, but I do agree that there should be a better way to get them when needed, like tick a box.

6 Likes

I’ve just dealt with this but thankfully customer services were great and have sent me some.

As you can add them to subscriptions that’s not an issue but maybe for one off orders it should ask at the checkout do you have a scoop just in case.

In general, a major overhaul of the ordering system is needed to get rid of the variety of corner cases which differentiate between a one-off order, the first order of a subscription, subsequent orders of a subscription, and so on, applying several non-intuitive rules to those.

Scoopgate X

4 Likes

Hi Andrew and let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, although I wish it was on better terms. Most people get their scoops with their first order but the people who work in the Huel fulfilment centre are not robots and occasionally f it up. They will sort it for you. In the meantime use a spoon mate and good luck with your Huel

I still think it’s better to weigh Huel rather than shovel in 2 or 3 scoops that way I know I am getting the correct and same amount of nutrition in each meal. Fair enough some people are happy to go by scoops that’s there preference. I have 2 scoops and do use them to transfer Huel to the scales but I could use a spoon if needed to. But like @RyanT says they usually send out a scoop with first orders but occasionally accidentally don’t but can quickly send one out when you tell them.

Hey Andrew, so sorry to hear about the scoop situation. We’ve been going through a scoop transition and your most recent order was supposed to have a new scoop in, because as you’ve pointed out we’ve changed the serving suggestion. However there was an issue where only new Powder orders were sent the new scoop, not everyone. All these customers are going to be sent scoops separately I believe, however the team will get back to your email as soon as they can.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we will get it sorted for you. Thanks for choosing Huel!

EDIT: Currently the place to add scoops is within the account area on your subscription. However you cannot subscribe to a scoop (obviously).

The real reason is, as @hunzas says, Scoopgate!! Which has been going on since the 1960’s…

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Huel - where is the place to add scoops if you don’t buy on subscription but as one off orders please?

There isn’t one…currently. Big news, but with all the big news and launches and account area updates I didn’t want to confuse it all, but here goes…

Additional scoop tick box at checkout is gonna make a come back in the new year…

#scoopgatev3 #scoopsRus

3 Likes

I didn’t get a new scoop either, with my recent new version 3 order. Absolutely gutted!! I was looking forward to see how much time I could of saved using this new bigger scoop :sob:

6 Likes

I’m not 100% sure, but I think you might not be totally serious.

3 Likes

Lol no mate just joking. I didn’t get a new scoop though but seriously not that bothered as I weigh mine so the old one is sufficient for me.

Update on #scoopgatev3. All orders from now that are a first order of v3.0 Powder will have the new scoop.

3 Likes

Hi @Tim_Huel I received mine today. No scoop in the box. It was my first v3.0 order.

I’m not really prepared to pay for delivery of just a scoop, it’ll be a month before my next order.

I just received my first v3 products a short while ago but no scoop in the box. I sent the team an email requesting a scoop and, as in the past, I’m sure they’ll pop one in the post.

Have to say, delivery by DPD is first class. Delivered next day with no problems at all.

1 Like

My postman is a first class male.

Put some Huel powder in your shaker up to the 200ml mark…that will be about 100g powder, the same as 2 scoops to give you 400 kcal meal.

1 Like