Open packet shelf life question January

Hello just a quick question does anyone know if a packet that was opened in January and resealed would still be ok and safe to use please.
A vanilla which has been open and closed a few times and is about half gone.

And one of the berry ones that has had one huel shake made out of it and then resealed.

Thanks everyone x x

Yeah I would still use it personally. As long as it’s been kept resealed.
I often have a few flavours open at a time so it takes me a while to use up a pouch. I find it’s actually nicer once it’s been open a while as the flavour is less intense!
I’d try one - does it smell okay? Does it taste okay?
If so, use it up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Christina.

It may even work out better than because I really really really didn’t like the berry one it was far too strong and reminded me of the ski yoghurts from the 80s how they used to taste :slight_smile: lol.

Truth to tell I was more than a little bit gutted about it, but that’s the Downer of the no sample system I guess you are roll the dice and you have to take your chances

Money situation means I don’t have the luxury of just leaving it in a cupboard at the moment because it basically represents cheap meals at the end of the day:-)

I’ll give it a try I think I have have like an eighth of a bag of Flavour boost left mint choc for the vanilla anyway

1 Like

I also didn’t like the berry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Others have recommended adding plant or dairy milk to it, and also cacao powder, to make it better.
Or you could try one scoop vanilla and one scoop berry and see if that’s any better.

1 Like

Nice try @ChristinaT

3 Likes

@RyanT :joy::laughing::joy::laughing:
Adding cacao makes EVERYthing better
I’ve even eaten potatoes and chicken with chocolate on - delicious :yum:
Cacao is also awesome in a chilli
Like I said… makes everything better :laughing:

3 Likes

I tried it today the vanilla with some remaining flavour boost mint choc.
The mintchoc seemed weaker.
Just couldn’t bring myself to eat the berry :frowning:

I think I’m just gonna get another flavour boost and use up the vanilla.
Sadly thinking the berry may end up in the bin which bothers me waste wise as only used it once :frowning:

Toying with the new bars, are they more flexible allowing you to order one on trial with another order or is it still like it or lump it please ?

I found the old ones a bit bitter like dark chocolate and a little dry so I’m hoping they are a bit more like milk choc and softer now

The bars still have to be bought by the box - I checked this recently to see if you could add one to try like the RTD but they said no not yet.
I’ve not tried the v3 bars but apparently they are much softer but I think the flavour is similar. The recipe hasn’t changed much - just some improvements to make them softer and lower the overall FODMAPS.

2 Likes

Cool thanks again :sparkling_heart: I think I’ll try it as a single order as it’s the only way to try them.
Going to get some flavour boost in to see me through this bag of vanilla.

1 Like

If you don’t mind posting what area you are in, you might find someone local willing to sell you one bar to try. The forum is full of helpful nice people :blush:

3 Likes

I’m Brighton, bloke is offering to kindly buy me some right now.
I was going to order a mint choc flavour boost a pack of the bars and one bag of vanilla.
But the order screen is insisting on a minimum order of 2 bags of Huel …why :frowning:

I could understand if that was all I was ordering because of the cost of posting etc but I’m literally ordering a flavour boost a load of bars and extra shaker and it won’t let me order just one bag of huel is trying to force me to buy 2 two :frowning:

1 Like

@Emma180 have you found a flavour of powder that you do like?
Personally I hate berry and vanilla, but found mixing unflavoured and original together along with the flavour boosts is perfect (cacao, mint choc, mocha, caramel being my favs)
I like the mint powder as well but I add cacao to make it more chocolatey.
I’ve not tried coffee.
I disliked the chocolate to start with but now am a bit addicted because it’s very nice if you add cacao and oat milk.

My staple combination is UU plus cacao boost plus raw cacao which gives bitter dark chocolate.
If you like milk chocolate, adding chocolate flavour boost and some kind of milk is good.

1 Like

My absolute favourite is vanilla and mint choc.
It just tastes me like drinking a liquid mint aero really gorgeous it made it more of a joy than a chore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it’s minimum order two bags of powder.
I think they should change this so you can order a combo up to a minimum order value…

Edit: @Emma180 what do you think of the mint-choc powder, in comparison to the vanilla plus mint choc boost? It’s pretty different I think. But I like both!

2 Likes

Yes it’s crazy and it does leave a bit of a nasty taste in the mouth a bit mercenary type

I’ve got I’ve got a decent size order in the basket but it’s just not having anything to do with it unless I buy two bags crazy

I think I’m just not going to order any powder I really don’t want to spend £45 when I’ve got such a big order in the basket already just because they want me to buy 2 bags.

I suppose I could order two and return one they do offer that as long as it’s an opened that’s the way around the forced additional bag purchase system

But you have to pay return postage so it’s not really worth doing it imo.
Maybe just use up what you’ve got first! Then order two bags once you’re all out.
I don’t mind ordering 2 at a time really but did want to add just one bag to an existing subscription of bars and RTD the other day and was surprised that I couldn’t !

1 Like

Yes it’s very inflexible I think that’s what I’m going to do do :slight_smile: thanks for the chat hun xx

I got an extra shaker as well so that I can make two in the morning wonderful breakfast and one for dinner and they’re pre chilled

1 Like

Sorry just saw this, I haven’t tried that yet is on my Next order I plan to

1 Like

The main problem will be slight degradation of nutrients over time. However, I just use my senses and if it looks, smells and tastes alright then I go for it. Obviously at your own risk, I’m just saying what I would do! No one likes waste. :nerd:

1 Like