Pasta. Pasta everywhere. (yes this is a new product launch post) šŸŽ‰

@Tim_Huel can you explain?

Itā€™s the Christmas holidays and also a bank holiday, I wouldnā€™t be expecting a reply at the moment.

Also anybody can create a MFP entry for food and many of them are wrong or have mistakes. The full nutritional information is available on the Huel website.

Fair doos. Yer the guys on here are great.

1 Like

Hey sorry for the delay. I missed your above comments. Do you want me to explain the MFP entry? Itā€™s very wrong. Just so you know, Huel donā€™t add any food to MFP or any other apps (at least not officially, Iā€™m sure someone from Huel has added stuff for their own use!). So always best to quickly double check after you scan the barcode.

200kcal of Cajun Pasta contains half of all these amounts:

Let us know how you get along with Cajun Pasta! It is sooooo good!

Thanks @Tim_Huel. Iā€™d love it if official scans meant official stats. As Iā€™m sure many use the app. But hey ho. Will add in from the picture if I can.

Ok so Iā€™ve had Cajun now. Spicier than I expected. Iā€™ve had a man cold so hard to fully judge. But I do like it. I think the key is less water and you can always add some later on. Prefer mushroom one still though. Mushroom one and the Mac & Cheese for me. I think both would compete with a Pizza Express sort of level restaurant serving the relevant dish, taste wise. And much healthier to boot! Once one gets the texture to their tasting.

1 Like

Chickā€™s mushroom is amazing - the flavour Iā€™ve been waiting for. Iā€™ve been ā€˜making doā€™ with Thai Green Curry but this new flavour is delicious. Itā€™ll be a struggle to keep my intake low enough but Iā€™m delighted!

2 Likes

Hi @TheBigCheese2344 your portion size has been entered as a half which has made it look incorrect. I always change that part to 1g and then enter my portion size in the box above. Try changing portion size back to 1 and see if result is more realistic. :smiley:

I just tried the Cajun Pasta. It tastes good.
I was going to mention it was a bit watery, but I noticed I was using too much water. I just fill to the same level in the cup for every flavour, and I now realise that is a mistake. :slight_smile:

Chickā€™n & Mushroom gets a thumbs up from me, great taste and very moreish, and is now level pegging with Thai Green Curry.

Yes, sorry the water amounts vary a little between Hot & Savoury Huels, glad youā€™ve got it sussed out now!

@bee so happy you love the Chickā€™n & Mushroom, itā€™s awesome isnā€™t it! Was a surprise for me, but really hits the spot!

1 Like

Really surprised by the chickā€™n mushroom. Itā€™s not a flavour I would normally choose but I think itā€™s my favourite H&S. Thumbs up and hats off to the developers.

3 Likes

Blimey I think the cajun pasta might be my new favourite. Also been experimenting mixing favours and found half chilli and half mac cheese is really nice too. Any other combos people have tried?

1 Like

Cant wait to try the cajun pasta! On another note, I have just thrown away half of the mac&cheese, it is definitely not for me.

That works for me Tim. I am waiting to adjust my subscription and get it early as my cupboard is getting low on Huel inventory.

1 Like

Should be able to try the cajun pasta this month. First Huel delivery of 2022

I used a lot of waterā€“always doā€“to try out the Chickā€™n and Mushroom. The pasta cooks perfectly in five minutes soaking in kettle water, and thatā€™s awesome. Because I habitually use too much water I added a little chicken stock this time and that worked well. Next time maybe Iā€™ll sautĆ© some mushrooms.
For future reference, buckwheat/soba/naengmyeon Iā€™m told are gluten-free, and I can vouch that they are delicious and easily cooked.

Iā€™d happily take it off your hands since I love Mac & Cheese, but I have a turmeric sensitivity and itā€™s just not worth the running afterwards.
Sooooooā€¦does anyone else think the M&C would be better without turmeric? :wink:

I finally tried the new chickā€™n and mushroom flavour. Itā€™s so good! Reminds me a lot of tinned mushroom soup which is what I was hoping for. So glad I got two bags, plus two bags of tomato and herb which I personally think is the unsung hero of huel.

Wasnā€™t going to use h&s so much anymore, but my new job is close to too many places where I can buy hot food, and I realised h&s is less than half the price of what I could end up spending around here. Itā€™s a really great lunch at work.

My new flatmate has also seen me using huel and asked what it was. When I explained she immediately bought three bags for herself :joy:

2 Likes

gonna tweet this

So pleased youā€™re enjoying it though, in many ways it is. Making Mexican and Madras a lil less spicy, easiest to flavour!

:heart: love this, youā€™re so right. When you compare, there is no question Huel is better value.

With your referral code I hope :grimacing: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I just tried chikn and mushroom last night. I think itā€™s the tastiest Huel Iā€™ve ever had. I was blown away and did not expect much from it yet it delivered all the way for me.
Iā€™m pleased itā€™s using whole meal pasta (it looks like it) and I could have one of these on occasion when I will allow myself some wheat :slight_smile:

2 Likes