PEANUT BUTTER HUEL BARS šŸ„œ

Absolutely. Iā€™m not suggesting itā€™s expensive for everyone. And for people with plenty of money, the time saved by choosing Huel is very easy to justify.

2 Likes

Yes I agree but on a normal basis I guide myself by the price per kilo and the benefits or uniqueness of the product. Most of the supermarkets show this information and you can realize that the more processed or innecessary the more expensive they are normally.
Above 15-20ā‚¬/kilo i only buy very specific things like blueberries, dark chocolate, fish-meat, herb and spices, alcohol and not much that I can think of.

That is why 24ā‚¬/kilo of the bars doesnt fit my daily diet. At that price point the is so many options, less or more convenient.

Yep if money wasnt a problem, I would have huel bars 24/7 hahahah

1 Like

I think this is the Primark T-shirt effect. You can go buy a very affordable T-shirt, but it will be lacking in quality and certainly lacking in ethics. Or you can buy a better, more sustainable and friendly T-shirtā€¦ and it will be too expensive. Not just in comparison, even: for many of us itā€™s just too expensive. But thatā€™s a cost of living issue, not an issue with the good T-shirt manufacturer.

I completely get what David means about Huel being expensive. Itā€™s not that the company takes a high profit margin, itā€™s not even that itā€™s more expensive than any other nutritious diet. Itā€™s just that Ā£200/month (100% Huel, 2000 calories a day, subscription) is too expensive for many people.

2 Likes

Exactly. Itā€™s what I was trying to say in my point above, a kilo of biscuits for not much over a quid. Cheap to most UK consumers but not at all nutritious.

Yes. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s overpriced. But it is expensive.

2 Likes

Is it? I thought it was cheap.

If I look at my expenses:

• I have a meal delivery service where I pay 7,50 per person per meal
  • if I order 2 pizzaā€™s I pay 20 euros for a single meal with very little good nutrition
  • if I get a sandwich in the cafeteria at work it costs me 6 euros just for one single lunch
  • I spent about 600 euro per month for groceries

So if I look at Huel I can only conclude I have a very healthy and cheap meal even if I have a bar.

But that is of course for a person like me who canā€™t cook. Also food in the supermarkets are more expensive now (in the Netherlands) because of the increased taxes.

Does depend what itā€™s being compared to. Your examples are all Very Expensive in my book. Iā€™m not quite sure how to judge 600 euros/month, as thatā€™s a household of four, right? Iā€™ve always lived alone so am not really sure how much cost efficiency you get feeding a household, or how much little monkeys eat.

My budget is about Ā£8.33/day (Ā£250/month; including household goods; thatā€™s 9.31 euros), so your examples being anything but a rarity would slaughter my budget. And the last Briton to hear I spend Ā£250/month on groceries thought I was spending a ridiculously large amount.

Aside: My current workings are the cheapest I can get a vegan, high protein (up to 30%), hit-every-micro-on-Cronometer diet is around Ā£150/month, and thatā€™s largely contingent on the ā€˜gluten is bad for everyoneā€™ contingent being dead wrong because it would involve living off bulk-bought vital wheat gluten (to make seitan). It would also lack berries, and therefore isnā€™t a life worth living.

2 Likes

Yeah my costs are for a family of four people and my little monkeys eat quite a lot :rofl::rofl:

But Ā£250 per monthā€¦ Can you be my financial advisor? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My examples are indeed extreme because cooking meals yourself would drastically lower the costs.

Just read the email, got super excited, yes! Peanut Butter, maybe finally a bar I can eat! Continue readingā€¦ with chocolate chips. :pensive:

There are now 5 different Huel bars, but they all have chocolate! I know we are rare, but there are people that canā€™t stand the taste of chocolate (generally also not coffee or beer, called supertasters, look it up).

Can you guys please do a bar without chocolate?? :pray:

(I also just registered just to say this!)

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure about that, you spend less than me divided across four people! I assume your 600 is for all four of you?

Yes but that is without 45 euro per week meal delivery service so thatā€™s an extra 180 euro per month.

The expenses for groceries are mostly high because of our choices. For example, my kids love blueberries but theyā€™re really really expensive here. For good food you have to pay unfortunately.

Youā€™re living like a queen! :smiley:

2 Likes

Cā€™mon David. Weā€™ve shown you ours, can we see yours?

I spend Ā£4/day on Huel. Thatā€™s by taking advantage of the bulk discount. Itā€™s pretty much all I eat. My luxury is a Ā£7 bag of good coffee beans every 1-2 weeks.

2 Likes

I spend half my monthly income on huel, it is expensive from my low income viewpoint but i donā€™t have an issue with it, things like bars and RTDs would be a luxury, iā€™ve tried two of the bars so far, and none of the RTDs, and had a few flavour boosts.

Like people say though, despite it being ā€œexpensiveā€, its expensive from the point of view that, before huel i was spending very little on food and eating very little and when i was, it wasnā€™t eating healthily. Iā€™m willing to spend a bit more to make sure that iā€™m having a solid routine food wise and getting more nutrition.

I also am one of those fools who hasnā€™t gone subscription yet, i still make one off orders and have done since october, iā€™m super supportive of huel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

RE: Peanut bars.

I dont like nuts sooooā€¦

1 Like

Subscription can save you money. And you can pause them. Also buying in bulk van save lots of money. (I got that from @David. I didnā€™t know that at first)

Are you 100% Huel? Is that the only thing you eat in the entire day?

And quality coffee is the best investment in yourself :wink:

I know this, but i also tend to switch around every different flavour i can, since original went i still am not entirely sure where to settle myself so a subscription wont help D:

1 Like

I use normal coffee beans (9ā‚¬/kg) for latte and a AAA beans (35ā‚¬/kg) for solo. Thats my trick to save a little jajaja @David

1 Like