Save coffee flavour!

The flavour of the gluten-free standard Huel hasn’t been changed yet - at least in the German webstore. Is the gluten-free edition not affected by the flavour change?

Not meaning to be overtly rude, but asking about an alternative brand on a product’s website is not quite ethical. Cruise Amazon and read the reviews there.

It’s quite delicious. I do sprinkle a bit of coffee powder in it, as i drink it cold, but i find that makes it marvelously delicious. I’m very all about Huel and the deliciousness of it.

I don’t exactly agree with your comment. Huel has consciously discontinued a specific product and they no longer offer anything similar (less sweet, higher caffeine powder). I think it is quite reasonable to inquire about other brands that fill this gap.

1 Like

What makes the change hard to understand is that there is already a caramel flavour, and those who want this to be 50% of their shake could just use one scoop coffee and one scoop caramel. Especially as the minimum amount you have to order is two bags.

2 Likes

As there was a low repeat purchase rate for Coffee this led us to believe customers weren’t doing this, and with Coffee Caramel being so popular we thought this was what our customer base wanted.

We will of course keep an eye on the numbers behind this.

1 Like

The problem is those of us who have not reverted to other brands are stuck with the coffee caramel- if we manage to get a certain number of customers to sign a petition to bring back coffee would Huel do so? I and others have had to consider using other brands with less sweet flavours.

I suppose the long term, 100% users mainly use the standard powder, while occasional customers may have a higher tendency to consume these high protein products - living on these alone would be less “physiological”, but occasionally having these products, maybe also as some healthy “protein powder” substitute can be a good thing. I see this with friends to whom I have recommended Huel. Most of them tend to follow this high protein hype, but like normal food, often rich in carbs, and the lower carb products help them balance that out.
Such a customer does not nearly buy as much Huel as the long term customer who lives on shakes only - the latter buys higher amounts. It is not only about the quantity of customers, but also the quality if it comes to maximizing sales numbers.

seems like the numbers are already in.

2 Likes

Hey Charlotte! I understand that the repeat rate was low for coffee, but what about the total volume compared to other flavours?

I’m afraid to say the total volume was also ranked low compared to other flavours.

Thanks Charlotte for providing some light on why Coffee was killed.

Naturally, I understand business rationale behind changing/ killing non-performing flavors, yet I wonder why Chocolate flavor got also changed if it’s highlighted as the ‘Most Popular’ on the website

Btw: Out of curiosity, it would be great to have some ranking of what are the best selling flavors or something of that sort.

Chocolate may have already been Most Popular, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t still be improved. I suppose continual development is vital for any company to stay ahead.

What about unflavoured/unsweetened? I though this was unpopular, too…

Not so much unpopular, more niche. A special interest product for the connoisseur? Imagine those who use it probably order it consistently.

btw has anyone yet reported on changes to U/U flavour in v3.1? I’m going to try some next time.