The biggest and best Huel launch ever... Huel Hot & Savoury

@Littlehueligan Not sure that would work because the ingredients kinda absorb more water over time so you might end up with some kind of weird sludge. Maybe someone like @Dan_Huel can provide an official response.

A possible workaround would be to take hot water in a flask and carry the H&S mix in a ziplock bag to add when you’re ready, but not sure how the ingredients react to non boiling water.

This stuff looks to be awesome for camping though but not sure I’d try to take it premade for my aforementioned reasons…

Welcome by the way. :grinning:

Hi, Thank you for welcome and the reply. I think your probably right about not pre making it to eat later. Good idea to just take it separately though. We’ll see what @Dan_Huel thinks :+1:

1 Like

Yeap Matt is right. It’s more of a quality issue than a safety issue so best to make H&S as and when you need it.

With “Hot and Sweet” I meant hot shakes. Of course you can add hot water to v3 or Black Edition, but then you get clumps, it’s not as smooth as it gets with cold water. Thought the Huel team might invent something that also mixes well with hot water…I am only interested in smooth shakes, and it really is important to me that it is not textured or grainy.

invest in a very high speed multi blade blender then - the friction generated when mixing thicker liquids warms them up fast - and makes them RTD smooth.

For those who have tried, how big is the preparation, let’s say for 700 kcal?
What recipient do you use (if not the Huel pot)?
Do you think that this 500 ml Chilly’s Food Pots would be OK?

Or perhaps will I need a bigger pot, for 700 kcal?
Thank you very much, hueligans, for your wise opinions!
1 Like

You heard it…the best thing would be to use a mixer. It’s just bad if you cannot always prepare the shakes in advance or if you are travelling and only have access to a shaker.

How much water you want to use for 700 kcal depends on the thickness you want to have. But I think 100 ml for 100 kcal is a good choice, so you would need 700ml. Theoretically this should still be possible in the normal Huel shaker - add 500ml water, then the powder, shake and then add the remaining 200ml. But of course you can also use another shaker or bottle.

Just tried the tomato and herb one, it’s pretty nice actually! Kinda like a cuppa soup but healthy. I like the shakes but always found it a bit of a pain washing the cups if left for a bit, so the fact I can make this in a bowl and stir, rather than shake, is a huge selling point for me, I plan to buy lots more as a nice easy food source :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Make sure you close the cap when you’ve finished the shake. Stops it drying out, makes it easy to clean even 12+ hours later.

1 Like

Ah fair point, still, these hot meals seem much easier as its just a quick wipe down of a bowl, both are still great but the hot meals seem quicker for prep at least, plus no powder flying everywhere :sweat_smile:

Yeah I agree. I find the actual prep time similar, but I don’t like the consistency of the shakes unless they’ve had a few hours in the fridge, so if I need to make something to eat right now, the hot stuff wins.

Ooh that reminds me, need to make breakfast and fridge it! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Cuppa soups aren’t healthy!?

1 Like

I just want to add my voice to the feedback here. I ditched Huel some time back because I couldn’t get over not chewing something - meals felt over too fast for me. You’ve absolutely nailed it here. I just had my first portion of TGC and it’s fab. Looking forward to trying the tomato/herb one later. I’ve always wanted to use Huel to make my 5:2 intermittent fasting simpler and this has finally cracked it perfectly.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

4 Likes

Simon, from everyone, it’s bloomin’ great to have you back! :v:

I’m receiving my first delivery of Hot and Savoury tomorrow, can any of y’all recommend a good container to eat it out of in case I don’t receive the pot? I’ve heard of the Chillys Food flask but was wondering if youse had any other recommendations :eyes: tanks x

you mean at home? any bowl or large mug would do. On the go then yes, an insulated food pot or mug.

1 Like

I’ve used a large coffee/cappuccino cup, Thermos food flask and Sistema Soup Cup as well as the Huel pot. All perfectly fine.

4 Likes

I feel bad saying this but although I like the video, I don’t like pop-up auto-play part of it. As mentioned, reminds me of invasive ads.

On another note, gone through my Hot&Savoury and can’t remember what life was like without it.

2 Likes

@Tim_Huel Do you know when can we expect more stock of Thai Green Curry H&S? I see it’s not available in the EU nor UK stores.