The biggest and best Huel launch ever... Huel Hot & Savoury

Hello! I’d gone off Huel a bit as the weather got colder (the last thing I fancied was a cold shake on a cold day) but I finally got round to ordering H&S this week. They’d sold out of Thai Green Curry but I’ve got two bags of T&H and one of the chilli. I just tried the T&H (with a tiny bit of Cheddar sprinkled on top) - it’s lovely! And now I can have Huel in winter too. I am nice and warm and full.

Probably once they get done funneling all their supply to UK pubs to help them exploit loopholes in UK coronavirus lockdown rules

2 Likes

Also waiting for some TGC to get back in stock!

@Tim_Huel @Dan_Huel Do you have any estimations on that?

Ivan, I’m so sorry for missing your message. We don’t have estimations at the moment, sorry. Of course we’re working hard to get it back in stock as soon as possible but we don’t know concrete dates yet. Bear with us and accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

I’ve just reengaged here and I’m quite keen to try the savoury versions. While we await the restocking, could anyone tell me - how coconuty is the Thai Green Curry? I really don’t like coconut - not allergic, just yech - and I don’t want a pouch of something I can’t stomach.

Either way, I’ll give the tom-tom one a try, for sure.

I don’t like coconut either, but the Thai Green Curry version is fine for me, no real taste of coconut, although i do prefer the Tomato and Basil one better.

I can’t taste coconut in TGC

No coconut taste in tgc I agree

Thanks folks… count me in!

2 Likes

UK store has now got TGC H&S back in stock for everyone. At the moment in Europe we’re still only fulfilling subscriptions but we will be back selling TGC to everyone soon - we’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Thanks for making it possible to buy a single bag of savoury.

I got the Thai curry and I really like it.

Will definitely order more now I’ve been able to try it by buying a small amount first.

That’s so great to hear :blush: Thai Green is my current favourite too.

Thai Green Curry H&S is back in stock everywhere! cc @Vaniv

1 Like

Is there any chance you’re looking at single serve pots like another brand has? Because that format absolutely nails it.

Honestly I’m not 100% sure. It would a more interesting prospect for retailers I imagine. As to selling them online, I’d like to see any research on the carbon footprint of it verses other Huel products per 400kcal. Shipping half a pot of air probably wouldn’t be great. It’s not something we’re ruling out, but honestly not sure if it will happen, or in what form it would appear - sorry for more vague than usual response!

I know that you’re not enjoying the variability you’re experiencing with the 7-meal pouches, with some more flavoured than others etc which is why you’re interested in the single serve pots.

1 Like

That’s it exactly. But I should be clear: it’s just the inconsistencies I don’t like, from an eating perspective the meals always taste nice and I do like them, just wish they were all the same

And yes, retail 1000%, I’d love to see the pots in Sainsbury’s and I think you’d do brilliantly against the incumbents with the right pot design.

2 Likes

So don’t do that :slight_smile: you could look at adapting some origami techniques instead using PLA lined paper packs. Many Asian packaging companies have been looking into these for a couple of years for dried noodle packs where the pack height is the height of the dried products and then is unfolded to create a water tight bowl to add the hot water and eat directly from. probably won’t get the same shelf life as a plastic/foil hybrid multi layer bag but the PLA and double wall card should give a decent amount of barrier protection,

4 Likes

It’s a nice idea, but I know of an ethnic food packaging company up in the Midlands and I’m sure they would have been doing this if economically viable.

With the current economies of scale model Huel use for their sales I suspect that in order for it to be profitable, individual packaging would push the price up beyond an attractive level for most impulse shoppers.

yes individual meal retail packs would be more expensive but the overall cost of the packaging will depend on a variety of things including the volume they are purchased in - like I said - these are in market now but I couldn’t tell you what price premium this kind of pack commands as I never buy them. Here’s another folding box/bowl design:

cooks_box

2 Likes