WE HAVE MADE OUR OWN SHAKER! šŸ’„

Weā€™re on this, itā€™s a problem with our subscription platform, they are working on it. Sorry for this.

Itā€™s much more rounded then the old shaker. The rounded edges are more for structure and strength more than mixability, if that was what you thought, but Iā€™m sure it helps mixability too!

2 Likes

Happened to me too @Tim_Huel. Does this mean we will have powder delivered without the new shakers? Mega disappointing if so :slightly_frowning_face:

EDIT: new shakers arrived with order. Yay!

2 Likes

Tried the shaker today and whilst Iā€™m a big fan of the design I was a bit disappointed with a couple of points.

The ā€˜lip feelā€™ when drinking from the spout is rough. This is because screw marks are on the outside. A revision of this and the cap so it screws on the inside would make for a better drinking experience.

I also found it harder to put the powder in. Feels like a smaller space, Iā€™ve not measured. I do have a new scoop to try and hoping between that and practice Iā€™ll be able to reduce spillage. Old one I was just tip, done, tip, done - on the two I made this morning it was a bit of a mess.

Iā€™m sure last point is on me but would love a revision of the spout :crossed_fingers: Big overall fan of the design and plan to continue using.

2 Likes

I see what you mean, I didnā€™t find this an issue but I could see why it would. Problem putting it on the inside is the liquid doesnā€™t pour easily because of the bumps.

I found this too but I was using the old scoop so donā€™t think thatā€™s any better. I will be trying it today with the new scoop so sad to hear this doesnā€™t improve things. I guess you can add powder first but this might not mix as well.

Sorry wasnā€™t clear, I was using old scoop. Hopeful new one improves. Will know tomorrowā€¦

Ahhh okay, iā€™ll tell you in a couple of hours when I use the new scoop

New scoop works perfectly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Mixed myself a Strawberries and Cream shake in new shaker bottle. Loving both! :heart:
The thread on the outside of the spout doesnā€™t feel rough to me at all so not a problem.
S&C shake is thicker than the others so perhaps I will try 500ml water next time. Taste is spot on! Well done Huel team on both counts. Both shaker and new flavour are gorgeous! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Loving this conversation and feedback! If you will indulge me (I feel like some of you will be interested in this, please skim past if this is dullzville)

We actually tried this first before our current lip. 2 problems:

1. Softer, larger spout makes the spout feel HUGE. So strange because the aperture of the one below was the same as our RTD bottle, but it had a smooth feel. The result was that it just felt really strange and big. We had most people in the office vote on it and we decided that the ā€˜sharperā€™ lip (although letā€™s be honest it isnā€™t sharp :hocho: ) was easier to drink out of.

2. Having the thread on the inside was messy. It catches Huel after shaking (although part of this was the solid cap design, part of it was having the thread inside)

Itā€™s definitely a smaller space to put Huel in, thatā€™s why we redesigned the scoop to be narrower.

We had 2 issues when we made a shaker wide enough for everyone to get their hand in:

1. Smaller people cannot grip it to shake (one of the big issues with our old shaker, it was bulky) - but adding grip features either caught powder/dirt or didnā€™t look good.

2. Increasing diameter increases volume ā†’ a MASSIVE shaker and also more cost. Reducing the volume by decreasing the height just made the shaker look really dumpy

We did loads of research around hand widths and hand flexion across our key markets.

• Statistically 60-70% of the UK/USA population can get their hand in the new shaker
  • 50% of UK/USA population own a dishwasher so can clean it (extensive dishwasher tests have been carried out on new shaker)
  • That is one of the reasons we are offering 2 for Ā£10, so if one is in the dishwasher you have one that is clean
  • Another point, although less convenient I appreciate, is that everyone has access to a long sponge or brush to clean it

Hope that was interesting to understand some of the design decisions around diameter of the shaker.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s super interesting and I love how much thought has gone into this. My comments werenā€™t meant to be disparaging, merely my personal observations. Constructive criticism.

Iā€™m super happy with them. Having used them a few times now the spout isnā€™t a problem for me it was just an ā€œin the ideal worldā€¦ā€

Tomorrow Iā€™ll be trying with the new scoop and seeing how I get on.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :+1:

1 Like

No no, not taken that way at all! Any excuse for me to bang on about the shaker! Thanks for the feedback :blush:

2 Likes

Very interesting!!

As a curiosity, did you ever considered a sqround design to make it more compact?

I think I would have liked the Huel word bigger for the size of the product, like the RTD and/or the previous shaker for the size. I understand with the black lid proves to be reason you maybe went against this. Could have always gone for a white L on the lid.

Huel 2

2 Likes

Sorry mate but that looks terrible.

11 Likes

:cold_sweat: itā€™s like my work on the Piccadilly underground all over again

1 Like

Well I like it just as it is.

2 Likes

Hahaha donā€™t worry Martyn! Perhaps thatā€™s a little too big, we wouldnā€™t have been able to print across the two pieces as theyā€™re made separately and then the tritan base is printed and then theyā€™re assembled. But we did have a bigger logo, almost until a few months before launch (below). But just preferred the more subtle smaller logo.

We didnā€™t consider a sqround design! I know you do love a sqround design though!

2 Likes

thatā€™s going to end up like one of those fabled iPhones with a misprinted Apple logo ending up on eBay somewhere down the line :rofl:

@Phil_C you know that we are expecting your opinion and review about the bottle :slight_smile:

well, I did order it literally as soon as it popped up on the store but as its coming by fedex, Iā€™m kind of planning on it being a Christmas gift given their current level of performance :rofl:

5 Likes