Wedding Countdown - 10 weeks to go!

@clairabelle_xox Thank you :green_heart:

@pixiepixie Thatā€™d be great! Do you have a thread for your progress? Good luck with your journey. I havenā€™t done any 100% Huel days yet but think Iā€™ll have my first one this Saturday as Iā€™m not sure I would have time to stop and chew if I took food to the event Iā€™m running!

No, I donā€™t have a thread for my progress, yet anyway :slight_smile: just sneak peaking on others so far! Iā€™m on my 5th day of 100% huel nowā€¦ will need to focus to not cheat tonight or tomorrowā€¦

@pixiepixie Well feel free to hijack my thread! The more the merrier :green_heart:

How did you get on the past two nights? Iā€™m going to write a post in a minute about my evenings this week, I had quite a lot of temptation but managed to get through itā€¦ xx

1 Like

Hello all,

Here is my weekly update. Iā€™m combining stats and the other blurb in together for this one. I might try and do that from now on, saves me having to try and fit a weigh-in in on Monday mornings.

Stats

Date of post: Sunday 26th May, 2019
Weeks to wedding week: 8
Number of weeks Hueling: 2
Clothes size: 14-16 - not sure if this has changed as I havenā€™t tried on any other clothes, but my jeans do feel looser
Target to lose: 35lb (16kg)
Weight at start: 12st 1lb (76.7kg)
Weight last week: 11st 11lb (74.8kg)
Weight this week: 11st 8lb (73.5kg)
Total lost in week: 3lb (1.3kg)
Total lost over 10 week wedding countdown: 7lb (3.1kg)

So, all in all, a very good result. Like week one, probably an amount of this is water weight rather than fat loss, but itā€™s still good motivation to see the numbers going down and feeling that clothes fit better (well, actually clothes fit worse as the jeans and shorts Iā€™ve been wearing this week all now need belts).

Food and Drink for week

I have a 3 scoop U/U Huel with banana and cinnamon every day for breakfast.
Lunch has been 5 days of broccoli with hummus and raw pepper, and one day of broccoli and channa masala.
Snacks: 1 pear, one apple and 6 strawberries (over the week, not each day)
Dinner has been 2, 2.5 or 3 scoop U/U Huel shakes, depending on how hungry I am, and if I want to add peanut butter (in which case I have a 2 scooper). Pretty much all of them have been with frozen strawberries, which is a total game changer if you havenā€™t tried it. I did try to do one spiced apple and it was a totally gross failure.

Drinks have been water, coffee with Oatly and 2 x turmeric teas (again, over week, not per day).

Feelings - Energy, Emotions and Cravings

My energy levels have completely stabilised now, and Iā€™m enjoying the steady energy and focus throughout the day that eliminating refined sugar brings. Wake up, energy is up, stays constant all day (no peaks and troughs), then bedtime comes and Iā€™m knackered and ready to sleep.

Iā€™ve been feeling pretty good. I had my first ā€˜Youā€™ve lost weightā€™ this week, from someone I work with, and that was really nice, as normally it takes quite a bit longer for people to notice. I suppose this could be to the combination of losing a few pounds and also not being bloated and puffy from eating junk / processed food.

As someone who has a history of a terrible relationship with food (Iā€™ve been through periods where every night I would binge on 4000 calories + worth of food, eating until I couldnā€™t move because I felt so sick), cravings and urges to eat are usually always strong when I am on any dietary plan.
Although I have had cravings for other food, generally these have felt kind of ā€œmutedā€ since starting Huel. I kind of imagine that this is what naturally healthy eaters feel, if they see a cupcake but arenā€™t hungry and therefore just kind of dismiss it out of their minds. Before starting Huel, sometimes I would get urges for food that were so strong that it felt like they were consuming my mind and were all I could think about.
On Thursday of this week, my partner decided to have a night off Huel and eat a curry. When he was cooking it, I was sipping on my Huel and his curry just smelt so ridiculously good, and I felt sad that I wasnā€™t eating it too. But it wasnā€™t the same kind of desperate feeling I always used to get with food. It was just a feeling of, ā€˜Oh, that wouldā€™ve been really nice to eat.ā€™ But I stuck to my Huel and the next morning, it was just pushed out of my mind and I got on with the next day.
I ran an event at my work yesterday and only managed my breakfast shake over the day as I was so busy (I had a second shake in the fridge but didnā€™t quite get to it). I came home at about 4.45pm and knew I was going to eat something as I really felt like a food-food meal, but like so many others have said is the way of the Huelers, I craved veggies and healthy food. Grabbed a bag of kale and a broccoli from the shop en route and had a big bowl of those with channa masala (pre-made, micro pouch. Donā€™t really have a working kitchen at the moment. Comes in at 240 cals a packet and is delicious). A few hours later, I found I was hungry again, so I started drinking my lunch shake but only got 2/3rds through before I felt completely satiated so I stopped.

I really like that Huel is starting to positively affect my relationship with food. Iā€™m not thinking about it so much, or obsessing about it. When I eat actual food, Iā€™m eating smaller portions and stopping when Iā€™m full, rather than carrying on needlessly. Iā€™m barely snacking - and if I do, itā€™s because Iā€™m genuinely hungry and itā€™s always on fruit.

In conclusion to that very long section, Iā€™m feeling positive and enjoying my Huel journey.

Hunger

Kind of addressed this above. My main observation about hunger on Huel is that it feels different to hunger I have experienced in the 30 years prior! Kind of softer, less gnawing. Just like my body is nudging me to eat and reminding me that itā€™s time for some nutrition. Rather than it screaming at me OMG FEED ME NOW BEFORE I WASTE AWAY Iā€™M STARVING which is how Iā€™d usually feel between meals in the pre-Huel days.

Goals from last week

• Continue as I have been with 2 x Huels a day and a healthy lunch :white_check_mark:
  • Try an U/U shake with nothing added :x: (and Iā€™ve decided I donā€™t care about this anymore!)
  • Avoid beer on Saturday evening (Iā€™m running an event at work and know it will be quite a high-stress day, so coming home after that, I know I will be feeling like Iā€™ve earned a few beers!) :white_check_mark:

Goals for this week

• Make it a 3rd week 100% on plan
  • Drink slightly less coffee
  • No alcohol
  • Lose 1lb so Iā€™m at 11 and a half stone by this time next week

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday :green_heart:

4 Likes

Sounds like you had a great week @thetambert!

I too find my hunger and desire for other foods is muted now Iā€™m on Huel. Itā€™s making this weight loss malarkey an awful lot easier!

1 Like

Hi all,

Well. This was not a good week for me, food wise. I have managed to lose a pound, but it was not deserved and I feel pretty surprised!

Food and drink
On plan breakfast = 3 scoops U/U Huel, 1 banana and cinnamon - blended with water
On plan lunch = broccoli and hummus, raw pepper
On plan snacks = fruit
On plan dinner = 2 / 2.5 / 3 scoops U/U Huel depending on hunger, blended with frozen berries and water, and sometimes peanut butter (in which case, it is always with a 2 scooper)

Sunday: All on plan
Monday: All on plan
Tuesday: Breakfast on plan, knew I was going out for dinner, had fruit around lunchtime then was really hungry at around 3pm so had a bowl of soup and an olive bread roll (450Kcal - not unhealthy as such, but not what I had planned to eat). Went out for dinner, wasnā€™t even that hungry and still ate a side of broccoli, two tapas dishes ( 3 vegan gyoza and a bowl of patatas bravas), 3 pieces of ciabatta and then split a chocolate and orange torte and a piece of carrot cake with a friend. Waaaay off plan.
Wednesday: All on plan
Thursday: All on plan
Friday: Breakfast and lunch on plan, then ended up getting Papa Johnā€™s pizza for dinner, with a heap of Hellmanā€™s vegan mayo. Tbf, I did order a medium (my partner went for XXL) and I ended up giving him the last slice, but then I also ate two donuts. Whoops.
Saturday: Breakfast on plan. Lunch - 2 x Waitrose vegan chive and onion rolls, half a sourdough baguette with Violife cheese, mayo, garlic and herb cream sheeze, avocado, cucumber and caramilsed onion relish. Some pitta chips and hummus. A Coyo strawberry yoghurt. And several beers. I canā€™t even begin to estimate calories on that one. At least I was so full, I didnā€™t eat dinner.

Meals on plan: 16 / 21
Skipped meals: 1 / 21
Whoopsie meals: 4 / 21

So yeaaaah. Not a great week on the food front, and Iā€™m equal parts annoyed with myself and glad I had a great time stuffing my face.
I have no social engagements now until next Saturday (wine tasting for the wedding) and plan on being 100% on plan until that point. Might even try and make today a completely Huel day, just to boost me up a bit. Guess it depends what veg I have that needs using up.

Feelings, emotions, cravings, energy

As is to be expected during a week with so much mixed nutrition (or lack thereof!), my energy has been a bit up-down. Another incentive to stay on plan this week! I really like going through the day without the peaks and troughs.

The pizza doing was all me. My partner was very good and supportive initially, saying we should have Huel, but I pretty much begged him and after about 20 seconds of resistance, he caved (trust me, thatā€™s good for him!). Pizza had been on my mind all day. On reflection, I could have got a small, rather than a medium, and I could have had one donut instead of two. However, I did not make these choices, and itā€™s not like I can undo what Iā€™ve done now anyway! Plus, the pizzas were gooood. Anyone else tried the new vegan range at Papa Johnā€™s?

Stats

Date of post: Sunday 2nd June, 2019
Weeks to wedding week: 7
Number of weeks Hueling: 3
Clothes size: 14-16 - still not sure if this has changed
Target to lose (ultimate goal): 35lb (16kg)
Weight at start: 12st 1lb (76.7kg)
Weight last week: 11st 8lb (73.5kg)
Weight this week: 11st 7lb (73kg)
Total lost in week: 1lb (0.45kg)
Total lost since starting Huel: 8lb (3.6kg)

Goals for last week

• Make it a 3rd week 100% on plan :x:
  • Drink slightly less coffee :x: Completely forgot this was even on here :joy:
  • No alcohol :x:
  • Lose 1lb so Iā€™m at 11 and a half stone by this time next week :white_check_mark: (undeservedly)

Although I had scratched ā€˜Try an U/U Huel with nothing addedā€™ off my goals list, I actually did try that this week. I drank it all, but I wasnā€™t a fan.

Goals for this week

• Do better than last week!
  • Stay on plan except Saturday evening for the wedding wine tasting and associated food.

We will also be spending Saturday night at my in-lawsā€™ house, where I have a lot of my old size 14 clothes stored. So, I will add another item to my ā€˜to-doā€™ list (not really a goal, but hey)

• Try on size 14 clothes and assess fit

I have a variety of size 14 dresses there that vary from large 14, pretty much 16 to much more snug. It will be interesting to see where I sit on that spectrum now. Last time I tried on those dresses, even the largest one was uncomfortable.

Iā€™m also going to add a new section to my weekly updates from now on, called ā€˜Small Winsā€™. These are a bit like the Non-Scale Victories thread I have seen, except not necessarily related to weight loss. This will just be a list of a few things that have gone well in the past 7 days, things to celebrate or be proud of.

Small Wins

• I ordered a medium pizza, not a large, or an XXL. I really canā€™t recall the last time I didnā€™t go ALL OUT when ordering pizza. I also did NOT buy a tub of icecream for after - another small win.
  • I got a whole heap of wedding admin (wedmin) done this weekend. Iā€™ve been so focused on this work event for months and now itā€™s out of the way, I actually managed to tick a few things off the list, which feels great!
  • I didnā€™t gain weight this week. I shouldā€™ve done, but I didnā€™t. Now I can reset and have a really good week and earn the pound that miraculously came off last week.

Hope you all had better weeks than mine and have beautiful Sundays.

If anyone else would like to share some small wins from the past week, I would love to read them! :green_heart:

5 Likes

Not every week can be 100%. Good wins, and lessons learned for next time. I donā€™t even think I could eat a whole medium pizza to myself anymore, a couple slices does me but I easily could have eaten a large a few years ago! Listening to your body as you are is massively important to long term success.

1 Like

Small wins - Iā€™ve been walking into the city as a form of exercise. Always caught the bus back home. Because of the glorious weather yesterday I walked both ways. 10.8 miles :+1:

Probably not going to move much today as I was :face_vomiting: at 01:45 and Iā€™ve got really dark wee. To much sun, not enough liquids. Oh well, swings and roundabouts.

2 Likes

Like others have said, not every day can be 100% to plan - and to be honest I think you still did really well with most of your days sticking to your plan. Iā€™m kind of the same, the week always starts so well and then takes a bit of a nose dive!! :joy:

As for the Papa Johns - I really want to try the vegan pizza as not a fan of the pizza hut ones, but we donā€™t have a papa johns very close to us :frowning: its probably just as well we donā€™t!

Stick at it lovely. 8lbs down in 3 weeks is great! As for last week, 4/7 days on plan = the majority of the week in my book! Well done for the small wins, itā€™s important to celebrate themā€¦as you said, it could have been an XL pizza!

@Catty - thank you. I am trying to listen to my body, but itā€™s difficult when for so long itā€™s just been telling me to eat ALL the food!

@DunsfordMage Great small win! Just please stay hydratedā€¦

@DaniW Definitely a good thing! We are (un)lucky enough that we are near a Pizza Express, Pizza Hut, Papa Johnā€™s, Frankie and Bennyā€™sā€¦ plus a whole heap of other delicious places that offer vegan junk food! Stupid Meerkat Movies making things 241 Sundays to Thursdays does NOT help the cause!!!

@clairabelle_xox Thanks Clair. Youā€™re always being lovely! So far this week, no giant pizzas so woop!

:green_heart:

3 Likes

Congrats! Are you arranging a party? Me and my fiance decided to make one as weā€™re engaged since 2th of july. I think of Derby roller skating party https://www.poptop.uk.com/blog/11-unique-engagement-party-ideas/!