What do you drink Huel out of?

I’ve got this flask.

It takes 700ml. It’s not a thermos, although it does help insulate but isn’t quite as bulky. It’s silver so not obvious what’s in it. It’s really easy to clean with no fiddly bits which is a big plus in my book.

I can totally empathise with your work situation, I’ve had to deal with the “lunch police“ as well. Indeed, that’s pretty much why I bought it. Weird how everybody has an opinion on what you’re eating!

3 Likes

@salp123 don’t apologise, we actually understand. It gets on my nerve too, and I’ve been used to people commenting on me “never eating proper food” for 3 years now. The other one is “ooooh getting your protein shake again” FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME KAREN ITS NOT A PROTEIN SHAKE… is what I say in my head while I laugh and nod.

Good luck finding a bottle

3 Likes

You guyyys! You’re the best! Thank you so much for all your understanding. I honestly thought I’d get ridiculed for stressing over a bottle!
I so want to be able to point out to all my colleagues that actually what they’re eating is crap and no wonder they’re diving for the biscuits by 2pm as I sit there smugly drinking my Huel from my clear Huel shaker and feeling healthier than ever, but I don’t have the nerve… yet!

As for my bottle search… It will continue! I am a self confessed coffee travel cup addict so why not start a Huel cup collection too!

2 Likes

I could eat bags of crisps and chocolate bars all day long with less judgement. Ironic.

1 Like

I love my Hydroflasks, and would definitely recommend for water, and the wide mouth flip top coffee lid one is perfect for hot drinks. I find the contigo one the best for not disrupting my lipstick. I can wear a bright red, and there will be some transfer to the mouthpiece, but it doesn’t cause smudging to around my lips.

If I’m drinking mainly Huel. The Huel Shaker…
If I’m drinking a protein shake with added huel, a 32oz (945ml)blender cup…
If drinking a homemade mass gainer shake with added huel, a 32oz (945ml) mason jar.

PS. If people think you’re weird for drinking from a “protein shaker” bottle, they are not worth being friends with.

2 Likes

Thanks @surrealsai I will check those out properly but I already just did a quick amazon search and see that contigo do a shake and go one which looks good (take note @Tim_Huel ) - still looks like a protein shaker but maybe I have to just accept that!!

1 Like

Oh I don’t want to be friends with them! I just want to get through my work day without feeling like a weirdo as well as a newbie! @AppleJuice is right, if I was constantly shoving crisps down my neck all day they wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

1 Like

Have you tried these?

I find the mouth isn’t too wide on the 500ml bottle and it has the advantage of keeping stuff cool.

I have 2 of those :flushed: I love them for drinking water from but my thick Huel is no good. It’s like I stare down the barrel of it for ages waiting it to reach my mouth and then woosh, Huel tsunami in my face. I have a flip straw cap for one of them but it isn’t a wide enough straw for my thick shake - today I took that one to work and I couldn’t drink it so ended up watering it down and then it just felt like my Huel was sloshing around in my belly… I really don’t like it too watery. I tend to have it a kind of slightly-runnier-than-cake-batter consistency. Probably need to just get over it, but hey I’m calorie counting and I want it to be as enjoyable as possible!

1 Like

The shaker supplied by Huel with the advert on is low quality. Bought one from a sports shop and been using it for years and it still doesn’t leak. Think you just need better quality shaker

Thanks for your advice, my Huel shaker doesn’t leak per se… I’m coming to realise that I just can’t drink normally!

I have several Huel shakers and none of them leak.

1 Like

A Crystal glass at home for both of us!

1 Like

Could you use a travel coffee cup? You could decant a couple of times into one from a flask or shaker?
I usually eat mine at home - out of an old coffee jar!

The Huel shakers are manufactures by a company called Buchsteiner. They have made To the exact style of shaker since at least 2005. The exact design has been branded by Sci Mix and Maximuscle when the protein powder paradigm became mainstream in fitness. The design works and I’ve got the same design of shaker that are 10 years old and still functioning without leaks or deformation of the shaker body, grid or spout.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the functionality of the Huel shaker, in my original post I mentioned that I do drink from this but what I struggle with is the clear plastic and that it “looks like a protein shaker” - which it obviously is, but I was on the lookout for something less obvious.

That’s a good idea- my ones all have a drinking hole that is too small for my thick shake but maybe if I can find one which has a bigger opening that would be great! If you know of any…

Fancy! :joy:
Huel branded ones?!

I use the Ice Shaker. I like my Huel cold and happened to see that product on shark tank. I’ve had it a year or so now and it cleans real easy and stays cold.