What do you drink Huel out of?

Where do all you people work for people to give a damn what you eat? :joy:
I’ve had my Huel shake for a couple of years now and haven’t had a single comment, it’s kind of “What’s that?” “Huel, cool meal replacement shake” “Ah ok nice, I’ve heard about that”.

2 Likes

Yes im feeling this too. I really don’t like the protean shaker look.
Stainless steel non branded of some sort would be great. Or very discreetly branded at least. i think a wide brim is optimal for the likes of me who have a beard.

1 Like

Open plan offices and nosy colleagues. The worst are ones who are dieting or otherwise health-focused - or just bored. You get out your lunch, and straight off, their little meerkat heads pop up over the desk partitions to comment on the calorie/fat/carb content, screw up their face in disgust or subject you to a tirade of questions and/or judgement when all you want to do is just have your lunch in peace without needing to explain again under scrutiny.

An opaque flask saved a lot of time and hassle! I don’t work in that environment any more so I can drink my Huel in peace. :grin:

4 Likes

That describes my experience of being a vegetarian in the early 90s :broccoli::thinking:

3 Likes

This is my experience exactly! I’m sorry you had to go through it but glad you don’t have to anymore! It’s nice to know I’m not the only one though.
@GTIPuG you are really lucky! I might be wrong but to me it feels like I don’t “look like” I work out/am particularly health conscious (and anyway they still wouldn’t understand that Huel is healthy). Therefore they think I’m just ‘on a diet’ (you have to raise your eyebrows and tut there when you read that) and throw their judgement around about diet shakes even though you tell them a bazillion time it’s not a diet shake!

Can I be cheeky and ask if you’re both ladies?

In my experiences ladies are a lot more judgemental about these things. I’ve had a few at work query it, but only on a one time basis.

Guys have always been along the lines of “Oh cool” haha.

Can only speak for myself but yes and I definitely think you’re right - guys seem both to get much less judgement but also seem to be much less judgemental. My work is very heavily female dominated and so there’s no balance!

1 Like

Huel’s branding is pretty strong, anything we release would have quite bold black/white branding with our Helvetica logo.

2 Likes

Always used the Huel shaker myself. But thinking is there microplastic in my Huel now.

Funnily enough I was reading this yesterday: https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/humans-consuming-thousands-of-microplastic-particles-in-their-food-every-year/3010600.article

Did you watch the programme about plastic on BBC yesterday?

I have been reading similar things as well,missed the program last night but it is a huge concern what it can be doing to our health. I buy plastic bottled water for work and refill the bottles a few times with tap water before throwing away, that has to change. To think of the microplastic in them is scary, and in tap water, I read more and more people are stopping buying milk in plastic bottles and going back to glass bottles from there milkmen. They also say it’s in the air we breath, god help us it’s everywhere so there saying. That’s why I have been wondering about the shakers we use, I am bad enough with the plastic seal that covers the opening on plastic milk bottles as at times it doesn’t pull of cleanly and bits fall in the milk!!
I haven’t eaten fish for over a year now with the thought of microplastic in them

What’s the effect on our health? I would rather not have microplastics inside me but if it doesn’t do anything then it’s not really worth going out of my way to avoid it in my opinion, though I commend anyone who tries

Quote: "It’s also “completely unknown” what happens once these particles enter the human body, We know these are in ecosystems, we know they’re in us, but it’s only been a topic of concern for a handful of years.”

Yeah who knows what it’s doing to our health, maybe nothing but I guess they will find out sometime. I haven’t noticed if I have dumped out any plastic in my poo, yet… But it’s put me off eating fish all the same

I’m currently using my Breville ActiveBlend bottle at work as I make mine up the night before and store in the fridge, but been thinking about getting something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Camelbak-1515601060-Vacuum-Insulated-Cardinal/dp/B076ZXWS4F/ref=cts_sp_1_vtp?th=1

Especially since it’s getting warmer and it’ll save me from having to store my bottle in a cool bag on the way to work!

I, too, use the Breville shakers. I get the not wanting to drink them at your desk thing too, as I get the feeling people will think it’s weird. Just go somewhere else at lunchtime.

1 Like

Yeah I should go elsewhere, but I tend to sit at my desk and eat most of the time :sweat_smile:
My bottle has just arrived! So I’m going to give it a whirl tomorrow :laughing:

1 Like

Ooh those are nice- not too shaker-y! Let me know how it is!

Will do! :smile:

It IS??? It feels like bloody October up here! Very disappointing after last summer…

1 Like