Where are all the RTD?

Yeah but it’s so much more than that. It’s not your normal stick blender. Have a look at bamix on you tube they are brilliant and last a lifetime.

I’ve always preferred a normal blender to an immersion blender and find them easier to use albeit longer to clean up. Having said that I’ve never heard of Bamix and they could be something better.

O btw if anyone is looking for some RTD there’s a guy on ebay that has 16 boxes of 12packs he’s selling :joy::sob: like who orders that many just to sell :woman_facepalming:t2:

Times are hard. I’ve gotta make a living somehow

Yeah bamix is something a bit special. Just a bit of cinnamon swirl and my bamix and I’m in rtd taste alike heaven. Plus I like making my own mayonnaise. They are brilliant as I say just go to bamix on YouTube and you’ll see the stuff it does.

1 Like

Not that hard if you gotta spare £600 to make what I can only approximate at £100 ish quid profit! Lot of effort for not much gains :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Thanks @hunzas – I had a look and Froothie sell 3 models (the 9200A, the 9400 and G2.3) here in Malaysia – best I can tell is the only differences are the accessories that come with them, the amount of program options and guarantee length, but core performance is roughly the same right?

My current Sharp six blader is still going well but recently noticed its performance is dropping so it might be time for a change.

The 9400 is the one I have. In fact I think I may have found one of the reviews from when I bought it that swayed me to invest.

It does have a BPA jug which not everyone likes but it would be damn heavy if glass and full.

So 9 years later and regular use and still going strong. Functionality is similar to the Vitamix.

they’re using Eastman Tritan jugs these days - so no issues there.

1 Like

@Phil_C, as the resident expert on plastics (and many other things)…

My hiking reservoir (bought 2-3 years ago and still sold as a current model) is advertised as being BPA free but no mention of PVC free, whereas the newer models are advertised as both. What can you tell me.

that packaging manufacturers have to label things unnecessarily to placate the victims of unsubstantiated fear mongering about perceived dangers that rarely exist – at least in the context they are using the particular plastic.

whats the plastic resin code on the bottom of the container?

There isn’t one. It’s not a solid plastic container/bottle, it’s a flexible plastic bladder which goes into a backpack, but when looking at the back, I think I’ve discovered the answer :rofl:

Yeah thats thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) - which has a resin code of 7. Unfortunately code 7 is a bit of a dumping ground that contains many different kinds of plastics - including these, bioplastics, polycarbonates etc. TPU would also never have BPA or PVC in it.

1 Like

I started using the powder 2 weeks ago. I use a (noisy) Ninja also. I use 1.5 scoops with 300ml of either skimmed or semi-skimmed milk. This makes, for me anyway, a perfect texture - the calories with semi-skimmed milk bumps up from 400 to approx 440.

You use black edition or white? I read contradicting things about which is “smoother” as I currently use BE

I bulk bought!!! So I am working my way through both.
When blending 1.5 scoops / 300 ml semi skimmed milk / 3 to 5 ice cubes I cannot really tell much difference between them.

Using ice cubes the shake is cold. No need to keep in fridge so I drink it almost straight away. I am not sure if the crushed ice would separate or thin the shake if I left in the in the fridge after blending.

Dam I could never use that much milk, I’d get a reet diary bloat on :joy: but can imagine it tastes a lot better with

1 Like

you could use plant based milk - tastes great with oat milk - but you have to use a lot less as plant milks from some manufacturers (Alpro especially) really make it very thick.

Huel RTD are among the most expensive RTDs on the market. There are plenty of alternatives from other companies that are even available in supermarkets (mostly local brands).

Which ones though? Most I see contain ridiculous amounts of sugar, as in 24grams of it!