Why the price of Huel powder is changing with the launch of v3.0

Original doesn’t use all natural flavours and the new version only contains natural flavours, so I think it’s going, sadly, it was my favourite!

1 Like

I’m a bit confused because we were led to believe that v2.3 contained only natural flavourings.

Does this mean all the flavours are going to be different??
Are we going to have to try them all, all over again, to find one we like??

I believe the version now contains natural flavours, except Original. That’s why new vanilla was added, to have a naturally flavoured vanilla version.
They said they wanted to get rid of Original at some point, so I’d think this update would be a good time to do so.
Hopefully, I’m wrong haha.

I didn’t even notice that :open_mouth: What will I do?! :frowning:

Looks like it based on the article…I just decided after trying all the new boosters that I’d stick to oringal/UU + FBs from now on instead of the premixes. Welp. Guess that plan is shot now :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I notice there is also acerola cherry powder in the ingredients

I’d agree with the above, so you’d better prepare for the longest nuclear winter.

Hi everyone. thank you for the great questions and I will work my way through them, but first I want to deal with the hot topic of your concern about the “may contain” message.

Huel is still absolutely vegan, don’t worry! As Hunzas has linked to, the Vegan Society says “they are not against foods labelled as vegan also carrying a ‘may contain’ warning about animal allergens.”

We have put the statement “may contain: Crustaceans, Fish, Molluscs (from Kelp)” because it’s a legal requirement due to how kelp is harvested. But we have tested our kelp multiple times and each test has come back so small that the testing equipment can’t measure it. However, because they are allergens we want to be extra cautious.

Kelp will not be added to Huel Bars, Ready-to-drink, or Granola.

12 Likes

Can you have Huel certified by the Vegetarian or Vegan Societies, both of which have Vegan logos? That would give the highest level of reassurance.

2 Likes

@capers we looked into this, they don’t actually test your product. So unfortunately, it doesn’t ensure product quality or that the product is vegan or vegetarian

4 Likes

Price in crease date and launch date are the same - December 17th in UK/EU and 18th in USA!

All natural flavours, and we’ve included tapioca starch and sunflower lecithin to aid mixability.

:man_facepalming: Don’t worry, all information on pouches, booklets, website and social media will include the right info! I’ll update the Banner topic here to :raised_hands:

Original flavour will still be available alongside v3.0 but just won’t have the updates that v3.0 has. The price won’t change on Original either.

5 Likes

Can you not offer the kombucha and the added pre/probiotics as an additional option like flavour boosts? That way, those that want it can add those if they want and those that don’t, don’t.

3 Likes

@Kittykate81 This would solve your problems?

1 Like

So it will be v2.3? So fine for @Kittykate81 who can’t eat kelp?

1 Like

Woooo @Kittykate81 you can just buy original flavour :+1:t2: and the price isn’t even going up for you

I think this is a really good idea to keep one flavour at the old recipe

Personally I’m excited to try v3

1 Like

That’s great RE: Original! But…

I’m assuming that that will be the only v2.3 flavour that remains alongside the new v3.0s?

I’m curious as to why the decision was made to not similarly update the original flavour too??

I think they want to kill it off but @Coup won’t allow it. So they’re just letting it fall behind until it collapses like Woolworths.

8 Likes

I’m confused :joy:. V2.3 is staying as backup or original? Sorry if this is controversial but I hated original ducks

I mean v2.3 vanilla? If that is staying I’m made up

Only original flavour will stay as v2.3 alongside all the other flavours which are being updated to v3