Big loser - 100lbs to go

Especially if you’re adding a flavour boost. Those are sweet all by themselves. Try all Unflavoured, but if that’s not OK then two thirds Unflavoured to one third Original.

Yes, though what I mean is, my tastes have changed so need to adjust to suit. I used to like the pineapple and coconut with the half and half, now it’s too sweet.

1 Like

1lb up today and totally buggered up my ability to count calories yesterday. Ended up with a 250 cal deficit rather than 500. Damn that fishcake and the tiny writing on the box! Will have to be more careful about what I load onto my plate.

Starting weight 311lbs (141kg)
Weight today 306 (138.7kg)

Feeling a bit meh! today. However, really looking forward to the weekend, weather looks decent, will get a few nice walks in.

Onwards and downwards I go.

2 Likes

Day 19
No movement on the scales so feeling slightly despondent as this week has not gone how I expected weight wise. I had hoped to lose a few pounds rather than gain and it can be hard coming on here giving an update that isn’t too positive.

Still, I’m 5lb down after 19 days so it’s a success. And, it’s not hard, it’s probably the easiest plan I’ve ever stuck to.

Weight today 306 (138.7kg)

Now, I’m determined not to drink this weekend and see if I can kickstart the fat loss again.

Onwards and downwards I go.

1 Like

Stick at it, you’re doing great :+1:

1 Like

Most people say once they stop drinking it falls off. Unless it’s slim G&TS, it’s just empty calories when it comes to wine or beer.

I do like a gin, might just have to swop out the wine for gin instead. Or just not drink, that might be easier. Its not just the actual drink, its what it makes me do and eat.
Best to abstain for a while methinks.

2 Likes

Day 21

So 3 full weeks using Huel and i’m down by 8lbs. Not bad going at all, the weightloss has finally evened out and is on a slow downwards trajectory. Yes, there was still wine on Friday, yes, I still intend to give it up, no, i’m not beating myself up about it.
Had a long walk yesterday in the sunshine, workout today on the Wii Fit and feeling really motivated.
Today’s weight 303lbs (137.4kg)

I’ve also just joined James Smith Academy - calorie f*cking deficit baby. Once payday is here i’m joining the gym in my village too. They are super friendly and supportive and helped a lot with my training for my trip to China last year.

Onwards and Downwards!

6 Likes

Day 22
After Friday wine gained a pound today. Quite happy as was expecting more. Would love to get below 300lb this week but that would mean losing 4lb. Not sure I will make that but I have ordered a Fitbit this week so that might help with the motivation to move more.
Today’s weight 304lbs (137.8kg)

Sun is shining, it’s a beautiful day. :sunglasses:

Onwards and downwards peeps, onwards and downwards.

3 Likes

Day 23
Life is full of ups and downs and so is my sodding weight at the moment! :joy:
Today’s weight 307lbs (139kg)

Got to be water weight right? Much like last week, it will disappear again by Thursday or Friday, along with another lb or two hopefully.
Fitbit has arrived, time to count steps.

Onwards and downwards…

2 Likes

Day 24
Got my Fitbit last night so just monitoring what I do in a normal day with no extra effort just to see how little I move. Also ordered some kettlebells to start some weight work - I have RSI in both hands so lifting actual weights is out for me. I can cope with kettlebells though.
Today’s weight 306lbs (138.7kg)

Onwards and downwards we go.

1 Like

Day 25
According to the Fitbit, I do around 3,000 steps a day with just work and general day to day stuff. I was surprised it was even that amount, thought it would be less. So I’ve given myself a target of just 5,000 steps a day for the first week, then up it 1,000 by 1,000. Weekends will be considerably higher anyway as I do go out walking but need to get my weekday numbers up.
I’m starting to notice a tiny difference in the mirror now, there is definite inch loss happening.

Today’s weight 303lbs (137kg)

Onwards and downwards!

5 Likes

That’s great news!!

1 Like

Great to see a journey here thanks for posting.

Just regarding the weight thing - you know it fluctuates wildly depending on so many thing like the weather and your bowel movements :slight_smile: I weigh myself every day - but it’s a smart scale so I just look at the weight trend in the app, not the numbers for that day. If the trend is down, I’m winning, if it’s not, then I need to change things. Have my weight every day for the last 5 years in a graph! Nokia smart scales, pretty good and worth it if you have a goal.

Well done.

I use the fitbit aria2 scales and seem accurate and above all consistent, is it your scales that are maybe inconsistent?

Bit of a pain syncing with Apple Health but have got around that

I use my Wii fit to weight, it does seem pretty consistent. I am on a downwards trajectory so the little shifts on a day to day basis no longer worry me. I know there are many, many factors that can add a pound here or there.
I also have flagstone floors in my cottage so can be hard to find a proper flat surface somedays. :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

I use Weight Watchers scales which seem good.

2 Likes

This is a nightmare for me at the moment. My new scales have gone for a walk since the carpets were replaced, and apparently I can’t find a flat floor as without the carpet feet my old ones tell me I weigh 17kg… I’m tempted to take them into the driveway :rofl:

@Bee That’s good to know. Seems I might have to buy another :roll_eyes:

Happily, I have vinyl flooring in my bathroom and carpet tiles in the bedrooms. No problems there.

1 Like

I also have the Weight Watchers ones :slight_smile: they seem good enough. I also have the same problem with a flat surface, I have to put mine on the flat stone in front of our wood burner in the living room :joy:

2 Likes