Hello from Milano! :) - My journey diary

Love these shots :heart_eyes:

Sounds awesome! How much does the tea flavour come out over the Cacao Flavour Boost?

2 Likes

Thanks Tim! :slight_smile:

Herbal teas donā€™t give a strong flavour, but a very nice aftertaste. I didnā€™t use too much cacao (2 gr), and the result was something similar to eating an orange-chocolate bar. Cacao was dominant, but with a nice orange twist. :slight_smile:

Tonight Iā€™ll try again with berries tea alone, but using two bags instead of one, to see if the result is stronger.

2 Likes

Ok, tried it the berries shake made with 2 bags of herbal tea in 500ml of water. Well, how can I say?

ā€¦

Itā€™s AMAZING. :heart_eyes: Now the flavour is stronger and perfectly matches with Vanilla.
Canā€™t wait to try the others. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you try with ginger yet? If so how was it and did you use powdered or fresh?

1 Like

Ginger ā€¦ now thatā€™s an idea !!
I love ginger cordials and ginger beer !
Why didnā€™t I think of that before ???
Huel with ginger cordial for breakfast !!!

3 Likes

Hey Anja, yes, tried both with powdered ginger and with ginger herbal tea. Itā€™s good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yesterday I had my ā€œHuel baptism of fireā€! Had my usual Huel 100gr dinner at 7pm, then back to work for a big event I had to manage that lasted till midnight. Of course at the end I was tired, but during it I felt energetic and in control. So Huel passed this test too! :star_struck: :smiley:

3 Likes

After some days of stationary or slightly increase, my weight is dropping again! Iā€™m now 72.7 Kg, lost 5 Kg since the beginning.
After the usual initial rush and water loss, last two weeks were at a constant - 0.5/0.6 rate, which is good. My final target is 68/70 Kg, then Iā€™ll figure out how to keep it and, if my back will allow me, how to exercise a bit more. :slight_smile: Letā€™s see what the osteopath has to say.

2 Likes

My Huel journey continues and it still great! Iā€™ve recently started the new batch of New Vanilla received with the first subscription, and itā€™s great as always.
Iā€™m well set up with herbal teas as ā€œflavor boostsā€, they work fine. Today Iā€™ve tried with a blueberry aroma I bought on Amazon, but the result was bad. I had to use a lot of aroma (expensive!) and the taste was still not good enough. Tomorrow Iā€™ll try with a mandarin aroma, but I think it wonā€™t be different. Huel, please make smaller flavor boost bags, they are great! Or I will eventually buy pineapple/coconut and go with that until I turn from loving it to hate. :smiley:

Weight loss continues at a slower, more fitting rate. I had to stop doing excercises because of a problem with my back and shoulders, and I have to see an osteopath before restarting.
So far, so good!

1 Like

Oh my god. Today Iā€™ve tried blending a banana in Huel for the first time (why didnā€™t I try before?). Itā€™s a completely new experience. Itā€™s like drinking a smoothie but with all the Huel charge. Totally awesome.
Canā€™t wait trying other fruit! :heart_eyes:

Iā€™ve also bought some other treats to experiment, like a pineapple and coconut fruit juice, and some syrups. Love huelexperimenting!

8 Likes

Ciao Salvatore, per ora io mangio Granola alla mattina e Huel una volta al giorno (di solito la sera, a volte a pranzo). Se vuoi sapere come e perchĆ© ho iniziato, qua cā€™ĆØ un mio articolo! :slight_smile: Scrivimi pure in privato se hai altre domande in italiano. :slight_smile:

Today my local online supermarket brought me some new stuff for my Huelxperiments! :smiley:

IMG_20180703_185122

Iā€™ve got a Pineapple and Coconut fruit juice, 4 syrups (orange, black cherry, lemon, mint), some seedless grapes, raspberries and a melon to blend. :slight_smile:

Lot of things to have fun!

2 Likes

After some stationary days, Iā€™ve started loosing weight again and reached my second target of 72Kg. Probably in the next days I will dance over that line, but hey anything is a good reason to celebrate! :joy:

5Kgs lost in a month and a half, without being so much hungry, without being 100% Huel or doing fasting and so on, itā€™s not bad at all. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Have you used the melon yet? Iā€™m not sure I would blend it in with huel to be honest. I would recommend making a small batch to try before throwing the whole thing in. My feeling is it would be stomach churning. Do let us know how it goes, Iā€™m fascinated. I usually flavour my huel with frozen berries if I want a fruit style huel.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not used to do small test batches, I usually go ā€œall inā€ :smiley: I had already planned to try melon in my Huel dinner tonight, so Iā€™ll let you know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

IMG_20180706_151634

Blended melon ready for a shake. Tonight I will decide if itā€™s worthwhile. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Wendy_Shepherd ok Iā€™ve just tried it! Itā€™s good, almost as good as with blended banana :slight_smile: Itā€™s very refreshing, perfect for these super hot days. :slight_smile:
If you like melon, give it a try!

1 Like

How much fruit are you putting in each time?

I seem to remember you were doing 500ml water to 100g Huel, so does the amount of fruit change the amount of water?

Iā€™m really bad at measuring things. I just add a bit of water, like 100ml, and then some fruit so that the immersion blender can have enough liquid. Pretty much that, sorry. :slight_smile:

My supermarket gave me this soy drink for free with last order, to test. Iā€™m glad it was free, because I tested it with Granola this morning and itā€™s like eating Granola with pure water. :joy:

IMG_20180713_080922

It might be healthy, but it goes directly into the sink. I wonā€™t spend 2.74ā‚¬ per liter for this ā€œhomeopatic milkā€. :smiley:

Iā€™ll stick with milk and fruit juices. :slight_smile: