How do you flavour your Huel?

Half a teaspoon of nutmeg, half a teaspoon of moch with one scoop vanilla and one scoop UU.
It’s the hound’s testicles shaken 20seconds in Huel shaker and chilled overnight 300nL water 100 mL skimmed milk.

I’m so glad you don’t use a blender. Lycopene is one thing…

2 Likes

What is a moch?!

mocha I reckon

2 Likes

One handed typing due to broken wrist - meant to be mocha! Could’ve been moth but I find the fluffy antennae a bit tickly on the way down.

1 Like

…and it gives you butterflies in the stomach.

Was the broken wrist due to shaking Huel too vigorously. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been using the Sainsburys My Goodness, frozen smoothie mixes the beetroot one and the greens one with U/U Huel. The result is neither too sweet nor too savoury. I really like them. My other current favourites are banana and cinnamon or just cinnamon and nutmeg.
I tried bovril but hated the thick gloopy texture, same with mushroom soup which is disappointing.

1 Like

I’ve just discovered Alpro’s dairy-free milks, which I use 50/50 with water. The hazelnut is gorgeous, but a bit of a bugger to blend as it tries to go rock solid, but worth it for the taste (low sugar too!). There’s a vanilla soy milk (a little sugar heavy) - wonderful if, like me, you have a fascination with the vanilla bean. The milks make Huel somewhat more robust: you sure know when you’ve had a meal

Ive just started with huel - I thought I’d have a problem with the vanilla to start with, but got used to it within a couple of days- still a bit sweet though, so next time I’m going 50% unflavoured. Coffee and cinnamon are great - I’ve got a nutmeg and clove in the fridge which tastes promising.

I liked this idea, and put a couple of bananas in the freezer yesterday. Went to try it just now, and of course I couldn’t get the peel off ! I guess i should have peeled them first, duh :roll_eyes:

Now I’m going to try microwaving a frozen banana for a few seconds… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Thank you. I thought only I was daft enough to do that :grin:

2 Likes

Oh good, not just me then. :grinning:

3 scoops vanilla huel +1 inch cinnamon stick + 1/3 whole nutmeg.
Nutribullet for 1 minute
Tastes like creme brulee :grinning:

2 Likes

Wow, I’m so surprised that a cinnamon stick blended!

Nutribullets are great! :grinning:

Once it defrosted (very quick, didn’t need the microwave), it just went to mush and was dee-licious with the Huel.

1. Hazelnut Coffee Cold Brew + Huel Chocolate flavor boost + Powdered Cinnamon + Vanilla Huel
  2. Vanilla Huel + Pumpkin Pie Spice + Honey

Make your own cold brew:

• 250grams coffee beans
  • Grind coffee in the coarsest grind (slightly coarser than for french press)
  • Get a big bowl, add the coffee grind + 1litre of cold water
  • Let sit for 24hrs in the fridge (covered)
  • Using a strainer (round metal ones work) pass all the brew and let the grinds strain for a while.
  • Add a paper towel to the strainer and pass again to get rid of the smaller particles in the brew.
  • Put in a sealable bottle or jar. This can last weeks to months in the fridge.

Too much milk makes me gassy so I add just a little cream to the water mix to enrich the flavor.

I’ve recently tried adding Naked brand juice mixes to it as well. (Because I’m too lazy to chop and blend) and the strawberry banana flavor in vanilla huel with a little cream and just a tablespoon of natural cane sugar is absolutely devine. I’ve thought about trying Carrot juice to get maybe a carrot cake flavor but I wasn’t brave enough to experiment with that yet.

1 Like

I just tried by accident …
Vanilla Huel (not the new version) with vanilla extract (baking isle flavouring) as I didn’t check the label when I poured it in … AND then I added salted caramel flavouring (the one I was supposed to put in, in the first place )
A little sweet but certainly palatable :+1:

1 Like

Peanut butter and mocha flavour - delicous

1 Like