How do you flavour your Huel?

Maybe you’re not putting enough water in it? I have two scoops to 700ml of water, which makes it a drink. And I do tend to make it ahead of time and let it soak for at least a couple of hours. I find a little flavour goes a long way.

I must remember Morissons wonky frozen berries for next time :slightly_smiling_face:

I mix Vanilla and Unflavoured/Unsweetened 50/50. Berry I have on its own.

Pretty good value, £3 for 1kg and I use 100g per shaker so I get 5 days out of each bag. Just makes it a bit more palatable to me, really didn’t like the berry Huel raw, maybe I mixed it with too much water but it was pretty rough :joy:

1 Like

Maybe there isn’t enough water! I’ve only been using 500ml.

3 scoops new vanilla, an Americano from the been to cup machine, teaspoon of Mint Choc Flavour Boost then blend .

1 Like

That sounds nice!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s really nice. Kinda like a Mint Choc Latte.

This morning’s was the best try so far.

500ml water
large handful frozen strawberries
1/2 banana
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ice cubes
2 scoops U/U Huel

I dropped the Huel to 2 scoops instead of 3 to see if maybe I could acclimate better. This one was not bad at all. I’ve been really wanting to try a coffee version. Putting in a 10oz cup of coffee last week and a splenda was still gross. Keep those ideas coming!!

1 Like

I saw a Christmas advert over the weekend and apparently supermarkets are starting to sell mince pies. I’m very excited, I love mince pies and feel like they should be year round treats.

In celebration I dug out some vintage Mince Pie Flavour Boost from last year. Anyone else still got a pouch of this lurking around? I’m currently enjoying the best Huel breakfast of my life.

20180910_105743

3 Likes

Looking forward to this! Will be following in anticipation :grinning:

Just a warning, I am not on Huel to lose weight but to try to get the correct nutrients and a more balanced diet, as I work 11 hours and don’t have time to cook.

I am new to Huel and when I first tried it (Berry flavour with nothing added to it) I was ready to give up. It was gross and tasted like dust, until I found this forum. Since then I have been experimenting a little, and my two favourite combos are:

300 ML Oat Milk
2 Scoops Berry Huel
1 Banana
this in a blender makes a very nice smoothie and is perfect for breakfast.

100 ML Oat Milk
200 ML Water
2 Scoops Vanilla Huel
1 Banana
Huel cacao flavouring
Tastes like a milkshake, literally, you forget its Huel!

Basically, going forwards I am likely going to use a bit Oat Milk (or purely Oat Milk) and probably banana

A lot of people seem to post about Huel being a helpful weight loss product, but plenty don’t use it as such, and I have historically been one of them, although am just starting to want to shed a few kg…so will be adapting accordingly.

I tell you one combo that doesn’t work… Berry and chocolate :mask: lol

1 Like

Funny you should say that - I added half a scoop of Vega Chocolate Flavour Nutritional Powder (which I bought once when I was somewhere without my Huel and am trying to finish) and I thought it worked very well with the Berry.

Vega berry flavour protein powder is rank in my opinion; . The chocolate one is much better. And Huel Berry is better still.

A combo of berry and chocolate doesn’t seem that bad to me…but I haven’t actually tried it.

I meant of course that I added the 1/2 scoop of Vega Choc to 2 scoops Berry Huel. It was actually very nice.i don’t think I’d buy Vega again though.

1 Like

Ahh fair enough , I used the chocolate flavour boost.

I agree, I used the choc flavour boost, def wasn’t for me. The Berry goes really well with the banana flavour boost though :yum:

To be fair, the flavour boosts are really made for the Vanilla and the U/U.

Vega vanilla flavour protein owders are very nice. Those are the best tasting of their range. I did actually add that to my unflavoured Huel a while ago : 30% Vega to 70% Huel and it was lovely.