How do you flavour your Huel?

3 scoops of vanilla Huel, 1tsp Rhubarb and Custard flavour, 1 banana, 600ml water.

Tastes (to me) like cake mix, it’s lovely.

I have Black Huel Choc and Vanilla, as well as the Huel 2.1 Vanilla. I don’t like the taste of either of them so I always add any combination of the following : Cocoa Powder, banana, and powdered peanut butter. If I’m feeling Extra I’ll straight up add sugar to mask the taste

The Black Edition is the only Huel that fits my needs at the moment and I’m really enjoying it thus far. My only concern is I’m likely to get a little bored of chocolate and/or vanilla before too long! Of course, trying some of the flavour boosts is an obvious solution.

In my head, the chocolate Huel with banana flavour would be incredible. Genuinely curious to see how it works out (although I’ll be devastated if it’s inedible!) I’m not generally a fan of overly sweet things so a lot of the boosts don’t look like my cup of tea unfortunately - peanut butter could also be a winner though!

Im also finding that if I’m feeling a little sorry for myself mixing my Huel with Minor Figures oat milk rather than water feels like SUCH a treat! Super creamy!

cinnamon is amazeng w huel

trust me

I use the mocha flavour boost with cardamom, it works well with instant coffee too. :slight_smile:

Oh and… a couple of things I’ve tried…

Lavender and lemon into the Black Vanilla makes for a very subtle but appreciable difference in flavour.
As I mentioned earlier, Cardamom into the Black Chocolate with either mocha or coffee additions.
Elderflower and apple into the vanilla.
Angelica and chamomile into the vanilla.
Cassia, liquorice and mint into the chocolate.

I make a lot of gin botanicals (great for home made presents!) so I have loads of flavours and herbs around. As I experiment a bit more I’ll let you guys know, I’m going to try cassia, cayenne and cardamom into the chocolate tomorrow for lunch.

1 Like

This morning I got absolutely drenched on my run (literally picked the only 45 minutes it’s going to rain all day…) and really needed something warm when I got home!

So I tried a little experiment (completely unplanned and off the cuff). I took 400ml of oat milk, mixed with 90g of BE Vanilla, a grated apple and a teaspoon of cinnamon and warmed it through in a pan. The texture is not quite there but it was exactly what I needed really!

This is the first time I’ve ever tried ‘cooking’ with Huel and the results are not quite there but encouraging!

1 Like

I was looking in my cupboard to see what extra flavours I could add to my huel and came across my Uncle Roys natural flavourings that I use when im baking. 5 drops is all you need. They also do a super strength which I’ve yet to try. :blush::yum:

Love the sound of that. Have you tried the apple cinnamon flavour boost? That might help the texture or did you blend it?

That sounds good, do you crush the pods and then grind the seeds? Or do you have a flavouring? Sounds like a chocolate chai.

Just thought I’d post here. I’m just entering my second round of Huel orders. I went for chocolate and vanilla again. I’m doing the breakfast & lunch combo. For breakfast, I blitz the chocolate drink in the Nutri-Bullet and add whole fresh or frozen blueberries afterwards. Don’t blitz them. Same for lunch. I add about 30-35g of crunchy Manhattan peanut butter after blitzing the shake. Adds chewing to the shake and I supplement with a banana for a snack. Haven’t nailed the weight loss part yet.
Also haven’t used the flavour packs I bought. Have a little extra vanilla left so must experiment

1 Like

I prefer to keep the pods and crush/grind etc. Same with most of my ingredients.

A friend came over once and saw my hand grinder open, made the mistake of thinking I smoked something illegal lol!

That turned into quite an awkward conversation! :joy::joy:

Thanks for the suggestion! The issue for me was actually I wanted ‘more‘ texture rather than a smoother outcome - next time I’m going to play around a bit with the ratios and try adding some oats . :muscle:t2:

(The Apple Cinnamon FB is top of my list to try when my next order comes through as well!)

1 Like

ditch that friend

thanks for all these amazing tips! :slight_smile: I’ll try a lot of them.
huel0912-1

1 Like

Has anyone of you tried to just add liquid sweetener to plain Huel? How did you like it?

if you can count honey as a liquid sweetner that works very nicely with UU.

Thanks…but actually I meant something “artificial” like for exampe sucralose…

A few here have used some flavour drops, some chatter here about it. All in all they are apparently great, although not sure what they’re sweetened with.

Sucralose

Works fine with Vanilla for me - 25 drops per 500ml

Curry, turmeric, Spanish paprika, pure cocoa and roast beef spices, are my best flavourings for UU