Huel Guffs

TL;DR: It doesn’t have to be all or nothing.

I have recently learned that flaxseed is known to cause flatulence

Coincidentally, flaxseed is the number 3 ingredient in Huel.

If you believe meal replacements in general are a good thing for you, @Steve_Butler, why does it have to be so fatalistic as, “It’s Huel’s Way Or The Highway”. Why not try being open-minded instead?

There is at least on other non-Huel meal replacement option that contains a lot less flaxseed than Huel does.

For example, the one MRP option that Huel discusses in their sticky, places flaxseed as their 8th ingredient (at only 5% of the total per serving).

I appreciate that people nurture their relationships with a particular brand of food for all kinds of reasons. Some of those reasons may even be rational.

But me personally, I believe that a person’s self-preservation, their physical health and their marital health should be a higher priority over brand loyalty.

The thing people should bear in mind is, when it comes to their individual nutrition needs, no single brand or manufacturer can guarantee a one-size-fits-all solution for every individual consumer’s needs.

I for one believe it is to the consumers’ advantage that competing products exist so that individuals have a wider choice of options to meet their specific needs.

@Cris’s wise choice of opting for the cheaper Bean Assist is an excellent case in point.

Like @Cris did, a prudent person would weigh up the caveats and trade-offs that they would typically expect whenever they’re presented with competing options. Then like @Cris did with Bean Assist versus the more expensive Beano, they would go with the option that best meets their specific criteria. That criteria might be lower cost for some people, or it might be marriage longevity for somebody else.

The long and short of it is, having more than one option to choose from is a good thing.