Messy, but there is a solution

Pressed or compacted will do. I see what you mean; interesting concept.

1 Like

That is definitely the future. We commented that recently

Likr this:

@hunzas Can I have Olivia? You can have Tim :joy:

1 Like

Tim wouldn’t be much use, he’d always be on holiday.

4 Likes

Let’s send him go people who want to lose weight.

2 Likes

I really like the small 25g compressed brickettes of Huel that @wojak suggests.
I think this is a great idea.
If they were rectangular bricks they could be stacked to be packaged, and being compressed would greatly reduce packaging and space.

From a convenience point of view I think it’s brilliant - no scooping or scales required and it would be far easier to take a little tub or packet of 25g portions when you go out, to make a shake with when convenient.

I wonder how this would affect how well the powder would dissolve / mix in water. I guess you could crumble or smash the brickette first before adding water, or let it sit in a small amount of water to soften before adding to your shaker of water as normal.

I like it. I’d buy it in that form, definitely

2 Likes

I’d love Huel that needed to be smashed with a mallet before mixing. Some days you just need to smash something with a mallet.

6 Likes

@David my pestle and mortar is looking forlorn since I stared Huel… it definitely needs a revival :grin:

2 Likes

IDK if it would be problem using small mixer, there are also other solutions like those bubbling tabs.

But 25g will be small and easy to smash I think.

2 Likes

Fun times ahead! Of course DPD will handle 90% of the smashing in advance.

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve used small ziplocs when camping with Huel before: works really well. That said, practice makes perfect with mixing it from the big bag: the funny plastic folds in the side of the packets are perfect for flattening off your scoop of Huel. Just poke them in and you’ve a lovely straight edge for making sure your scoop is exactly level.

Compressed tablets sound neat for people with a blender, although maybe that’s not all that different from … what was it called … oh yes: the “Huel bar” :smiley: — anybody ever tried blending them into a shake?

Having Huel ship us hundreds of prefilled plastic bags sounds like a big waste of plastic.

1 Like

No need for blenders with the Huel® Pestle and Mortar. Choose from black or grey!

1 Like

:joy: so true :rofl:

Huel community:

RECYCLING AND PLANETS AND CLIMATES AND STUFF!!!

Also Huel community:

Individually wrapped bricks because convenience!!!

Referring specifically to the pic above of course…

@GTIPuG you may notice that the picture of non-wrapped compressed bricks received 5 likes, whereas the picture of the wrapped compressed bricks received zero likes…

I absolutely wouldn’t buy a bag of individually wrapped portions, but would buy a package of individually compressed portions within the packet.

1 Like

I like the idea of individually pressed portions but not necessarily individually wrapped portions…well not unless the wrapping is dissolvable and edible that is.

3 Likes

When someone told me DPD were a smashing company I misunderstood what they meant. Thanks for clarifying.

2 Likes

Compressed huel is a good idea, I wonder if they have ever given this a try? It would definitely be great for travelling and even for better measuring of huel intake.

1 Like

It’s a great idea in theory but surely it’s going to give you lumpy Huel unless you have a blender. One of Huel’s big selling points is convenience, and being able to shake it for a few seconds and get a nice smooth milkshake is the main reason I’m here. Huel have already done so much in reducing packaging waste associated with our diets, is it really worth setting up separate production lines for the same product in a slightly different form? I suppose they already do that with GF and sports approved versions to be fair.

Edit: I realise now the GF and sports versions are probably made using the same equipment just as separate batches, whereas the compressed blocks might require a completely separate production method

@RyanT I believe the gluten free version is made in a completely seperate facility, otherwise the risk of contamination would be too high.

The professional range however is the standard powder, that has simply been tested and certified

1 Like