V3.0 is here!

I just tried U/U 3.0 and its great. Taste feels softer than 2.3 U/U.

It created some small lumps and it surprised me, wasn’t this supposed to be improved a lot? Overall the texture is great, I made it in the shaker and after eating the lumps, the texture felt like after using the blender in 2.3.

You can still feel that oaty spirit which reminds you that Huel is actually food. Great work

@JamesCollier One question, How is it possible that Vainilla and UU now have the same kcal/100gr? It used to differ, being the UU slightly more caloric.

1 Like

I think they’ve just rounded for simplicity’s sake @airiartev

That is what it seems, and I dont like it much

So I’m having my first taste of 3.0 Vanilla right now (2/3 Vanilla, 1/3 U&U as usual) - and it tastes SO MUCH NICER!!

So it’s a thumbs up from me! :+1:

This morning I made up two identical shakes:
One v2.3 UU with (the old) cacao fb
One v3 UU with (the old) cacao fb
Both handshaken with the same amount of powder, water and fb.

Taste - seems fairly identical. I’m not that surprised. It’s UU ! I was slightly worried that adding kombucha and other stuff might change the taste and I really like UU but nope it’s pretty much the same.

Texture - I much prefer the new v3. It’s definitely smoother, and by this I mean you don’t get that gritty itchy sensation in the back of your throat. It’s also smoother in the mouth. But still has enough texture to be satisfying when you drink it. It’s not smooth like RTD smooth… it’s just, less gritty.

I’m drinking both. Loving both. So, thumbs up from me, I’m glad the change is minor as I loved v2.3, and v3 is just as good, if not slightly better.

I’m not sure I’m going to bother trying the flavoured versions. I’m happy with UU, although I am still buying v2.3 original to mix 50/50 with UU for use with the new flavour boosts.

4 Likes

I’m happy with V3.

Whilst I did like the texture of 2.3 it did cause a few problems:

-When drinking v2.3 I always ended up with a sore throat - I put it down to stomach acid and drinking it too fast, but I don’t get any issues with V3 which leads me to believe it was the grainy particles of 2.3 irritating my throat. Weirdly 2.3 used to dry my lips out badly as well - no issue with v3.

-V2.3 was a nightmare to clean up - used to stick to the bottles like cement. With the smoother texture of v3 it isn’t an issue.

-If you didn’t clean the V2.3 bottle immediately it stunk absolutely awfully (almost like fish). Again, no problems with V3 - not sure what has resulted in this change (perhaps smoother texture, less stuck, less to “ferment”?) but I sure am glad of it!

-No gastro problems with V3. I used to use V2.3 U&U but even with one shake it would sometimes cause “difficulties” - I avoided the flavoured versions for this reason. I’ve had no issue whatsoever with V3, even using the flavoured mixes and boosts. Perhaps the improved texture = less irritation, or the probiotics are working well.

Super interesting to hear that. I wonder if anyone else has noticed that. I personally haven’t, but perhaps I wasn’t leaving my shaker as long as you. Easier cleaning can only be a good thing right!

Great news on your experience with v3.0, thanks for letting us know.

I’ve found that V3 is definitely easier to clean out of the blender especially if doing two shakes in one go - the large amount of powder used to cling in a ‘ring’ around the jug where it had been dropped in and meant having to scrape it free mid blend - V3 doesn’t do that at all.

I don’t have any problem cleaning my shakers, though I do rinse them out right after I’ve used them and leave full of clean water if I’m not going to wash them right away.

I find the most important thing is to seal the cap of the shaker as soon as you’ve finished. Then you don’t have to rinse it for a few hours. If you leave the cap open the residue goes hard and becomes difficult to clean off.

1 Like

Interesting. I would offer the opposite advise because opening it up means it won’t smell as much inside :thinking: but yes I see what you mean by it drying it out inside! Perhaps the solution here is for us all just to go and wash our shakers up :laughing:

3 Likes

It keeps the smell trapped inside but I’d guess it also goes bad more slowly if it’s sealed. It’ll smell after a few hours whatever you do.

When I made one of each (v2.3 and v3) the other day and left them both half finished in the fridge for a few hours, I noticed that the 2.3 shaker was still coated to the top with huel, whereas the v3 huel has run down the shaker leaving it clear down to the level where the huel still sat.
So yes - v3 sticks to the sides of the shaker much less.

It’s much more noticeable in the clear shaker than the frosted one.

Excellent sciencing there mate!

1 Like

there are shakers coming onto the market now using anti-bacterial agents such as BioCote in their construction to improve hygiene and reduce odours such as this (I know, I know - its the same company that supply Feed’s shakers although they dont offer the antibacterial one) - but yes - washing up is still required :slight_smile:

Julian posted this regarding the removal of kelp in v3.0, I’m just sharing in a few threads to notify those that voices concerns regarding kelp. Apologies for bumping up old topics.

1 Like

Im really not getting on with v3 :sob:
I initially thought it was great, but I never once had bad guts with v2.3 and I’m really struggling on v3: bloating, pain, acid reflux, itching skin, yeast infections, rashes, sore mouth, plus I’m really finding it hard to drink now, whereas v2.3 I got more and more fond of it, the more I drank.
I’ve had these symptoms before whenever I’ve had yeast in my diet (even small amounts), plus I think the change in probiotics has not helped either (I usually take BioKult: but I think the probiotics in v3 are either interacting with it or upsetting the balance). I’ve tried stopping my probiotic supplements but that didn’t help.
I just can’t seem to tolerate v3.
Totally gutted.
V2.3 was the perfect diet for me and was the only complete food I’ve ever found, that didn’t contain any of the foods I am intolerant to (dairy, gluten, soy, yeast, aspartame).

The inclusion of kelp did not bother me personally, but the addition of kombucha / yeasts is a disaster.

Like others, this might have to be the end of Huel for me, once 2.3 has run out.
I can’t afford to stockpile it, so it might be sooner rather than later.

I was ok on v3.0 for a short time but like you @ChristinaT am finding I am getting more bloated and acidy . Black is too much protein for me in the long term so am hoping 2.3 Original keeps going for a good while yet.

@Bee I developed the same problem with Black as well. I assume because it also contains yeasts and kombucha (and different probiotics to what my gut is used to).

I don’t like the current RTDs either.

I also don’t find the new flavour boosts as nice as the old ones.

So all in all, the changes that have occurred over the last few months have been a disaster for me personally.

The only product I’m left still liking is the bars, but they serve a completely different purpose to the powder. There are literally hundreds of decent protein / meal bars on the market and it isn’t a product that I “need”.

The powder however has been my breakfast every day (and often lunch too) for the past 16 months.

I’m going to have to go back to porridge :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Have you tried adding small amounts of ginger Christina? Not for taste but i used to suffer terribly from indigestion and acid reflux etc, ginger was always helpful, until i switched to a spicy diet which apparently fixed it, im no dietitian so who knows the logic there, but maybe the ginger will help subside the poor gut issues? Hopefully anyways!