WE HAVE MADE OUR OWN SHAKER! šŸ’„

It looks great but Iā€™m not getting one until it has clear markings like the old one does.

imo, it works great if not better than the old one for mixing.
I add half my liquid, add the powder and then the rest of the liquid. I never get any clumps on the side of the bottle and if I shake it enough no lumps in the liquid.

I do use the grid as I think it helps break up the lumps

try putting a mixer ball in - they are ideally suited for rounded bottles. when I tried one in the otherwise crap shakesphere bottles it transformed their performance.

Wow. Just, wow.

Better than our Eurovision entry. European politics at work again :stuck_out_tongue:

historically - most things areā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the useful feedback. Obviously stick to the old shaker if you prefer. We carried out a study in-house on the shakeability of the new vs old and we found no significant difference in the weight of the lumps created between Buchsteiner and Huel. Now clearly that isnā€™t your experience, and certainly in our experiment some people found the same as you. But on balance the shaker is not definitely worse, and not definitely better. The feedback too suggests that, some people have a better time and others donā€™t.

What I would say is make sure youā€™re using the grid, it not only prevents you from consuming any larger lumps but also helps mix Huel. If you do not use the grid, this is why you are getting lumps.

Thanks for the feedback though!

3 Likes

Yes I wasnt using the grids but I never did with the old one. I love the design its just the shaker capabilities I dont like. After 1 month I used the old shaker and I was really surprised how good was the old one, with almost no lumps and a correct mix.

Overall I am satisfied.

Could you send the proper or best instructions or ratio to create less lumps without the grid?

am I the only one who is totally lump free in my morning BE? Or do I just shake it too hard? :slight_smile:

I donā€™t get any lumps.

I thought it was to stop cows falling in.

2 Likes

I thought the grid was for separating the ice cubes like in the old shaker.

Is that grid needed in every shake?

Years ago there was an opinion that the grid was only to separate the ice but it also smashes up the lumps so it is promoted as doing both tasks now, so yes, the grid is needed in every shake.

I could notice a huge difference (in the old shaker) if I ever forgot to put the grid in.

1 Like

I got used to not use the old grid in the old shaker and the result was always almost perfect

I just checked the official Huel video and the grid is meant for mixability not ice. Video below.

Huge facepalm :man_facepalming:

1 Like

It could be confusing. Iā€™ve always thought it being an ice grid was a bit rubbish, of course it is to help prevent lumps.

@Julian once said tho - re. the original shaker: I get occasional small lumps but not big enough to be a problem. The first thing I would do is to remove the ā€œgridā€, that is an ice barrier it doesnā€™t help with mixing in fact I find it makes it harder. The water must go in first and Huel second.

I never really agreed, as I never use ice, but without the grid it was ā€œno great shakesā€.

I always use the grid now. I tried using stainless steel mixer balls at one time, without the grid, but found the grid worked better. I donā€™t mind the odd lump/sludge as none gets wasted.

Finally got my new huel shakers through (had a backlog of huel to get through before placing a new order).

They seem like two steps forward and one step back. The fill line isnā€™t really a line itā€™s a very hard to see slight indent? This seems bonkers

On one hand I like the new cap in that it doesnā€™t have that massive thing swinging around like the old one did. But the removable cap is going to be easy to lose for sure.

over all itā€™s ā€˜okā€™ but I see it as a massive own goal on that fill line alone.

I think in the past we have definitely said that the barrier is for ice and only ice. Iā€™m sure Julian would still maintain this and probably never uses the grid :laughing: but we have found it improves mixability and have changed how we communicate it.

Thanks for the feedback @silus weā€™re looking at what we can do re: the fill line. A full incremental fill line isnā€™t one of the options. During the process of making this shaker we mocked up versions of this and it just overcrowded the bottle and the numbering was never clear enough. But weā€™re looking into it.

Glad thereā€™s some stuff youā€™re liking about it though! I am also loving the cap and being confident putting it in my backpack!

I think at a minimum if the indent went all the way around the bottle it would help, rather than the miniscule one thatā€™s there at the moment. I didnā€™t realise before buying these how much of a hinderance it is having to stare inside it to see the fill rather than see it from the outside. Having the bottle clear or opaque would help as well as at the moment it definitely feels form over function.

Check my post from Jun 8, I did some measuring so you can use the huel logo as a stand-in for an incremental fill line.