WE HAVE MADE OUR OWN SHAKER! šŸ’„

If you hold it up to the light you can see how much is in the bottle

1 Like

Wonder how well does the new shaker handles heat? can I pour hot coffee in it?

Totally in love the design. Have been looking for something like this.

Tritan (the white half) can take hot drinks without damage although not sure how hot the walls of the shaker would be to hold it.

Finally seen one of these out in the wild and by wild I mean the gym! First one Iā€™ve seen used by someone else, just thought Iā€™d share

1 Like

I have to say that the shaker is aesthetically beautiful and the plastic isnā€™t smelly as the other shakers are if you forget to wash it one day.

But Iā€™ve recently had a problem. I am not sure if they are prone to worn out or something but I found my bottle leaking a bit sometimes, so I thought I just didnā€™t screwed up tight enough.

The other day I went to the library with my bike and my bag on my rear rack, I had my paperwork, my iPad and I put my huel bottle with water just in case I got thirsty.

When I realized my bag was flooded with water (probably all the trajectory from home to the library). All my documents wet, and my iPad totally dead.

I donā€™t know how that happened, it was perfectly closed when I placed it in my bag, apparently some kind of friction while riding made the main part to be slightly open and leak all the content, I found out that with the time the seal is not as good in the shaker as it used to be.

The joke cost me nearly 1k pounds to replace my iPad, so I want a full subscription for 2 years please (just kidding :rofl:)

I think there is some kind of flaw in the design that should be addressed: sturdiness/ longevity etc

I have to say that the bottle is 2 years or two years and a half old.

They have just tweaked the design of the new shaker, so maybe rather than sending you the money for a new iPad they could at least send you a new ā€œnewā€ shaker.

One thing to worry about tho is if they do, make sure not to mix up the lids as if you do you could find yourself in a worse situation than your current predicament.

1 Like

I am not taking my bottle out of my kitchen now, I donā€™t want more trouble,

What is the update in the new ā€˜new shakerā€™ ? :grin:
What is that new tweet about?

Thank you!

They moved the threads inside the body and the lid. Not sure that many have actually people noticedā€¦

Gone a bit Yoda there, hunzas. :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

Hey there, I am so sorry to hear about your iPad. That really really sucks, thank you for being to good-natured about it.

Sorry for my lack of understanding, could you please confirm which shaker leaked? Was it the new one?

1 Like

I just bought some new shakers and sometimes itā€™s hard to get the lid on! I was wondering about this. Thanks for confirming.
do you know if there an easy way to tell which are the new and old so I can mark them up?

Hey Tim thatā€™s correct !

I have the one youā€™ve attached, But Iā€™m not sure if you have different versions of that shaker or something.

Iā€™m super careful now on how to handle it, but it doesnā€™t travel with my anymore,

Do you have different versions of the same shaker ?

Thank you!

Hahaha. Was just checking to see if anyone noticed.

(Not really).

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. However I am still confused as you have said that your shaker is 2-2.5yrs old, but our shaker was only released in May 2021. Could you explain?

Kind of, we changed the position of the thread recently - thatā€™s what @hunzas is referring to

The shaker with the new thread position has has gone through the same rigorous testing the older version has too, so this isnā€™t the reason your shaker leaked. The thread position was changed for aesthetic reasons, below if you were interested.

Some things to note about your leaking:

1. Please do get in touch with our customer experience team on team@huel.com and they will be able to at least replace your shaker just in case
  2. Our shakers are tested to ~65Ā°C (double checking this), so if your dishwasher washes them higher then it could have warped and lead to leaking
  3. If you filled your shaker with water above the level of the top of the white section (e.g. topping up through the spout), then a small unscrewing in your bag would have led to that water leaking. Obviously it shouldnā€™t unscrew, however accidents happen, so in future I wouldnā€™t fill your shaker with water above the white

Look forward to your response!

1 Like

I think @Tim_Huel has answered the question below.

Iā€™ve never had any issues with leaks, but I do see that if you use the old white part with the new black part then it doesnā€™t take much before it is screwed on - like less than half a rotationā€¦in my mind that could be a disaster waiting to happenā€¦

Sorry my badā€¦ I got confuse with dates,

This is the one I have and now that you say yes it has an inconsistent texture all around the black side, in the picture not very noticeable texture is not uniform.

Thank you Iā€™ll send an email to the address you gave me thanks !

Love the new shaker. It really does shake well.

Any plans to make a more premium non plastic pot for the Huel Hot and Savoury?

Maybe out of glass or ceramic?

Would be nice not to eat out of plastic!

I personally would love that. I donā€™t use the plastic pots but a metal food flask. Iā€™d leap at a ceramic or glass insulated food flask thoā€¦

Following up on this. Normally, the highest temperature inside of the dishwasher is about 70 degrees and we have done extensive testing at that temperature. Based on 15 cycles dishwasher test and 52 cycles stain test we have done before (which happens in the dishwasher too), dishwasher temperature at 70 degrees will not cause any damage.

However, worth noting that plastic when warm can become a little softer. So donā€™t cram your shakers into the dishwasher with stuff on top of them etc as they might deform!

Thanks Tim, that helped me work out which bottles go with the correct caps

1 Like