WE HAVE MADE OUR OWN SHAKER! 💥

Just out of curiosity, what do you people think about an inverted bottle for the black powder?
This is just a quick PS edit inverting the colours, nothing well done nor special, just to give an idea!

4 Likes

Think that looks quite smart tbh.

Can you still see the water level as easily through the black?

In the bottle right now there is a sign (a small indent) inside the bottle itself. They could use the same on a black bottle, and you won’t need to see through the black plastic

It’s definitely cool. One issue could be that the top half is made of a plastic which is more susceptible to staining. The bottom, white section, of the shaker now is made of Tritan which we’ve used in part for it’s anti-staining properties (it’s not impossible to stain, but much harder). The top is made of polypropelene which has a much more open structure and means it stains easily (this is why the old buchsteiners went orange in the dishwasher). So a white top half could make that a problem.

Not out of the question though and we are experimenting with colourways for the shaker as you can see from the 5000 club.

2 Likes

I can hardly see it on the white, so idk what the difference would be really :sweat_smile:
I have to look inside the shaker and watch for the indent that way.

Is it possible to add some traction to the outside of the bottle? I often find it slipping out of my hands when shaking it if wet. This happens when you open up the bottle, wash it, your hands and prepare it for the next shake to be made.

We did consider this, but we were concerned that the grip would attract dirt and dust in the grooves which were going to provide the grip. You see this a little bit on the spout cap grooves currently. We ruled it out pretty quickly for this. It is interesting though.

If a stainless steel option was available like the hydroflask a strong powdercoating with grainy texture would provide sufficient traction.
Not sure what the options are regarding tritan in this aspect.

you could just get a neoprene sleeve - there are lots available on the market - this would give you traction, keep your hands dry and help keep the shaker cool.

Absolutely love that powder coating.

1 Like

It reminds me of the sandstone phone cover from OnePlus for old models!

1 Like

I actually would prefer an all black shaker with white Huel letters and the inside could be left white to see if there are any remains left in order to make cleaning a tad easier

1 Like

that would be extremely challenging for molding the tritan, as you would have many issues controlling uniform wall thickness - and maintaining consistent mold temperatures.

Failing to control either of these would lead to a lot of wastage, increased shear heating and residual stress in the item being molded. This results in the final product warping and being less durable.

2 Likes

Why didn’t anyone tell that to the scoop division? :wink:

8 Likes

:microphone: drop here!

That is a deep burn.

2 Likes

burns so hot it melts :wink:

2 Likes

Sadly, the previous generation is more user friendly.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, can I ask what is it about the shaker you don’t find user-friendly?

1 Like