Why no sample packs

Thanks a bunch, sorry for that. Fixed. Instagram link at top is wrong too before someone points that out too!

Especially when the formula changes so often and the flavors are changed so dramatically!

I saw my co-worker with the bottle and she told me about it. Once I saw the price I assumed there would be a sample available for purchase. There is just no way I would spend that much money on a product I haven’t tried without being able to sample it first. I don’t waste money like that. I think a simple disclaimer about using a blender and adding your own flavors would suffice. I hate stevia and all other sugar substitutes, so I get excited when I see unsweetened or even low normal sugar products. It’s too bad. I wanted something a bit more substantial than my current unsweetened protein shake.

That’s true. After I got my first batch of Huel I ordered the sample pack from Jake, containing three rations. When the Jake arrived I was already hooked on Huel, and since my first sip of Jake was terrible – where were the interesting lumps? where was the faint yet curious half-bitterish after-taste? and why this totally overwhelming sugary sweetness? – I only tried one ration (well, half a sample, couldn’t even finish it) and just gave the two remaining packs to a friend without the feeling of being financially hurt. I hardly would have done that with the hefty bags of Huel without having tried do down as much of them as possible.

The Huel community thanks you for your glowing review… :joy:

I understand your frustration but still stand by my comments in my above post. Huel isn’t something that everyone gets perfect on the first go.

I was a little surprised when Huel stopped doing sample packs (cos they used to), but having watched the forum over the intervening months I can agree that one sample is definitely not enough to appreciate Huel. I was disappointed on my first taste, and because people’s tastes vary so much it is really worth playing around with it. I originally bought 2 vanilla flavour bags and with water straight out the blender I thought the texture was good, but the taste a bit meh. It certainly didn’t make me gag like some protein powders, but I wasn’t overkeen.

Nevertheless I persevered, tweaked it, and continued to drink it twice a day, as I still do over 2 years later. I now mix the flavours up a bit, but my basic and everyday mix is 500ml of water/almond or hemp milk. half and half. Also 50/50 original vanilla/unflavoured - 50g of each. I no longer use a blender but just shake it for about 20 seconds, then store in the fridge overnight in 2 shakers for my 2 meals, and drink chilled if possible…although I don’t mind it at room temp. as it tastes more oaty. I used to like the little lumps from shaking it, but either my wrist action is improved, or the Huel powder mix has altered, but I rarely get them now.

EVERYONE should experiment with their Huel, even if they think it was good first time. It could be better.

I recommend to a work college but wanted her to try first so did up a few 100g for her with instructions cause it does take a few tries to get it right for different people

That is disappointing to hear. You shouldn’t have to get a product perfect in order to like it at least a little bit. If there are no instructions that can assist with this issue that sounds like a problem with the product. Something about this attitude reeks of a scam. To require new customers to commit to $120 worth of product in order to try it is like saying you don’t believe they would come back otherwise. I’m now completely put off by your product due to your attitude.

Tim said not everyone gets it perfect on the first try. Why does that sound like a scam. I have tried many different ways, but have eventually stuck with plain ole vanilla as I like it. Who knows, if you try it you may like it. It’s not really a massive gamble. I dont see any other food manufacturere that gives out samples, go to Tesco and say you wont buy anything util you have tried a sample, see what response you get.

Hello fellow human! Welcome to the forum! I am RyanT. I am a friendly local Hueler and not a robot or a scambot or anything designed to trick unsuspecting humans into giving [INSERT COMPANY NAME] all of their hard-earned money. We are all like you and all give money for [INSERT PRODUCT NAME], so you should too!

Ok just kidding no offense but you’re being a bit unfair. So the product doesn’t come in sizes you like? It’s an eco-friendly company and I for one like that they don’t make lots of small shipments. Take a risk! They refund unopened bags anyway if you don’t get on with the first. (also, $120? is that what they charge for two bags in the US or is that an exaggeration?)

So anyway I don’t get your motivation for coming on here, criticising the staff and suggesting the product has “problems” if you haven’t even tried it. This is a happy place, just flick through and see how many lives have been changed by this fantastic product.

FYI there is a US version of the forum I believe, if you would like to antagonise the moderators in your region as well

There are plenty of instructions, on the pouch, in the leaflet we send with every first time order, on the website, on our social media pages and here but people don’t always read them. As many have said here, persevere and you’ll love Huel.

Sorry you think so, it’s based on a lot of feedback and trial and error. Huel isn’t a scam product, spend a few minutes reading some of the testimonials on this forum and our website. You’re currently talking one on one directly with someone from Huel, in real time, publicly - I’m not sure how many other companies are as open as us.

Perhaps you’re just exaggerating here, but to clarify for others reading this is not correct. Two pouches of Huel in the USA costs $59.40-$66.

Obviously I’m sorry you feel so strongly, I hope you reconsider. As I’ve said above, my attitude is based on a lot of feedback, trial and error. Put shortly, we know Huel is difficult to get right in one go, so we don’t let you only have one go.

I never asked for a free sample. I know it costs money to ship items and package them in smaller containers. Many products that are available online only have samples available to purchase. Some companies do decide to offer promotional free samples, but I don’t expect that.

I wasn’t attempting to exaggerate. At first glance it does appear that the items are about $60 each. Because you can’t select one I couldn’t tell that they are $30 each. Either way $60 is a lot for something you hate and don’t continue to use.

There is a thread about not offering samples. I thought by expressing my opinion it might encourage the company to offer samples again. How is that negative? I feel like all the negativity has been directed toward me for having a different opinion. I found this thread by searching Huel samples on google. I was confused because people online had mentioned buying samples but I couldn’t find them on the website.

I won’t comment anymore since any disagreement is met with such strong animosity. I didn’t realize this was such a closed company and community. You all have a nice day.

You saying it reeks of a scam probably didn’t win you any friends.

Hey, again, I’m really not trying to cause offence… but ya came on the forum and only read one post and suddenly you declare the product has faults the company is a scam and our attitude stinks… huh guess I am a little defensive after all. You have a nice day too though, I hope your friend from work can mix you up a sample and you fall in love and buy a couple bags and actually join us here on the forum properly, we’re a nice bunch really

I never said “free sample”.

I came to this thread looking for info about why there aren’t samples available. I suffer from IBS, and I was looking into Huel in search of nutritious options for those times when my stomach refuses most things. I don’t care about the taste or the texture, but sadly, I can’t commit to buying two bags of something I’m not sure I will be able to eat at all. It’s fantastic we can get Huel in Poland now, but two bags is half of my monthly food budget. I wouldn’t mind if I was sure it won’t make me suffer.

I’m not a doctor but have a look on the forum and lots of people with IBS say Huel has helped them :slight_smile: good luck either way