WE HAVE MADE OUR OWN SHAKER! šŸ’„

@Martyn78 as Martyn said thereā€™s no specific date. Maybe order a one time box of RTD or an accessory as itā€™ll be the cheapest options you have if you want those bottles :eyes:

The sooner the better to be honest!

Thatā€™s right! Add it into your next sub. The date when we remove it is entirely dependant on our stock levels.

Really strange comment. There will always be someone enthusiastic about everything we do, but those people wonā€™t be the same each time. If you think everyone is enthusiastic then you are cherry-picking the responses youā€™re reading. For example:

Thereā€™s one line at 500ml. Most people make Huel to our recommendation and we wanted to simplify the process for first time customers especially. Fill to line, add scoops, shake ā†’ perfect Huel.

Obviously you can change the amount, if you want to be perfectly precise then yes, you wonā€™t be able to do this, but eyeballing 100ml increments is pretty easy.

We still will be selling our old shaker, we arenā€™t asking you to change the way you make Huel, anyone who finds it difficult can always use the old shaker!

Female Here with average hands, the new shaker is much easier. Not the the old one was hard, lol, but to grip I had to use the flat sides for finger pads or risk of slippage. New shaker I just grab.

A small detail that will be appreciated, consciously or not!

5 Likes

Point is itā€™s tedious. Sure I can solve it, but itā€™s like saying I can still switch my car on with a crank like its 1910 when they decide to remove the keys cause apparently the customer base has the mental capabilities of a monkey if they have to be handheld about how to combine 500ml of water with 2 scoops of huel. What if they fill the scoop wrong?? Oh god helicopter parents help me

Iā€™m sorry for bitching again, but HOW do you know this? :smiley:
My extremely scientific, peer-reviewed study says the opposite: How much water goes into your typical HUEL shake?

Just know that my bitchings come from a place of love. And hunger.

3 Likes

Interesting. I just took the poll.
Truth is I vary. Some I add more water to and some less. I find Salted Caramel and Banana for instance are thicker than Vanilla for example.

Anybody here had any issues with putting their powder into the shaker? I find that the top is much narrower, compared to the previous Huel Shaker that was much wider.

I just find that it gets a little more messy than usual even when being super careful (fyi am using white scoop)

Not had any issues since moving to the new scoop!

This has taken a lot of consideration but, in my quest to reduce my use of plastics, I wonā€™t be buying one of these. I love the styling and think it could well be close to perfect as a shaker, but Iā€™ve something like 15 shakers already that are mostly ok and I just canā€™t justify buying another one.

Butā€¦ pretty please could you make a metal one @Tim_Huel?

2 Likes

@Tim_Huel Do you know if itā€™ll throw out my discount on my next sub if I add the 2 for Ā£10 shakers to it? CS kindly adjusted my order for me as I was having issues with a couple of things, but I donā€™t want to put them to more trouble, so would only add on to next order if it wonā€™t adjust it. Thank you!

repurpose your existing shakers as plant pots for your spring garden then your justification is that you donā€™t have a shaker any more, hence need a new one.

2 Likes

I tried today the new bottle, I like it a lot so far. I cut the strap of the lid and now it looks much better.

In person, the bottle looks better than on pictures. the quality also improves from photos. The cap its great. Shaking it with UU and 500+100ml of water didnt produce any lumps. The only thing that I dont like right know its the cap position. Its more confortable to drink if you are holding it right, but if you dont its very weird.

Also it looks like an stomach to me. Now I cant unsee.

But 9/10

2 Likes

I chatted with someone about this on the Facebook group. What would the benefit be to you of having a metal shaker? My problem is that most metal shakers wouldnā€™t be recyclable, so their end of life is identical.

Take something like a Chillyā€™s bottle, it is mostly metal, but itā€™s composite, made of a few materials. Itā€™s end of life is landfill, even though itā€™s metal, because the binding of other materials to it means it canā€™t be recycled.

But thatā€™s ok, because theyā€™re built for longevity and to reduce the amount of single-use plastic bottles you use. They are designed with sustainability in mind, like the new Huel Shaker.

A 100% metal shaker likely wouldnā€™t work, it would still have elements of plastics involved/moulded to it so that e.g. the cap closed effectively, or the seal worked.

Also, totally appreciate you having loads of shakers! No reason to get yourself this new one just because itā€™s new, absolutely get that! Weā€™re replacing our free shaker for first customers primarily :+1:

Are you using a discount code to add the shaker? Or are you just adding the 2 for Ā£10 deal to your basket? If itā€™s the latter, then it wonā€™t affect your other discount.

2 Likes

Iā€™m saving the discount code for the shaker for a later order, for when I no doubt misplace one :see_no_evil:

This would be just to add the 2 for Ā£10 to the current order. I ask because last time I tried to adjust an order by changing flavours it removed the discount code. Iā€™ll give it a whirl though and hope it doesnā€™t take it off!

Solid points, I think for me itā€™s probably just perception more than anything elseā€¦ And my daughter asked me to try and buy less plastic and now Iā€™ve gotten into it Iā€™m trying really hard to keep it up.

Itā€™s the durability too though, Iā€™ve had more shakers but managed to smash a bunch during days out rock climbing. My camelbak flask just seems to bounce.

Gotta admit though, a vacuum flask in this design would be awesome.

Just got Huel Black edition with new shaker and itā€™s amazing. Easy to clean and much, much more comfortable to drink than the old one.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. How is the white scoop practically better in your experiences?

I am replacing my three current scoops with white ones. Shame they only send one at a time so had to add one to each order.

Thatā€™s so sweet! Gotta keep your daughter happy :hugs:

Camelbak are made with the same material as the Huel shaker. :raised_hands: although please donā€™t tempt fate with any bounce tests!

It would be so awesome! Just wish we could have that insualtion, but not make the shaker so wide, but also still be able to hold ~900ml. Such a dilemma!

For comparison, this shaker is 1L, so about 70ml bigger than ours and is double wall insulated.

It is about 8cm taller than our shaker and just under 1cm diameter wider.

New Scoops
If youā€™re getting a new shaker, I would highly recommend getting the new scoop, itā€™s a much better experience as the scoop is much narrower - itā€™s been designed to work better with the new shaker. So please do order yourself one!

1 Like

part water carrying vessel, part JDAM smart munition

4 Likes