WE HAVE MADE OUR OWN SHAKER! đŸ’„

haha this made me chuckle! So often the case, you’ve got to be mates with the bouncer cupboard that should help.

What do you need to view while you’re drinking your Huel?! But if you want to drink from it sideways then you do that! I’ve enjoyed all the personification nonetheless!

Love the new shaker! Looks great, much easier to shake (especially when just out of the gym) will take a bit of getting used to though with no markings on the shaker apart from the 500ml ridge.

I THINK 200mls is roughly halfway through the H ? Will try a few more to be sure though otherwise unreal job on the design lads!

I’m really impressed with the new shaker. I bought 2, as I added an extra bag of powder to my subscription for using the new shaker at work. Although I could have with the previous shaker, the new one is simpler to use and a cleaner design, which has allowed me to reduce my plastic waste by purchasing less of the RTD, and more of the powder bags.

1 Like

This Sunday I took the new shaker with me when I went to play table tennis as the weather was nice. I planned Huel to be an energy restoring meal after playing for a few hours. I’m quite happy with the new shaker as it is easy to carry and it kept my Huel cold for at least 2 hours.

I’ll keep using the old shakers at home or the office but the new shaker is perfect for the days when you’re moving around and not sitting at home/the office. Overall, the new shaker is definitely an improvement over the old one.

First use of the new shaker today, and so far it’s a winner. It was larger than I expected, but that could be because my current bottle is a bit narrower. It was also the first time I haven’t blended my Huel in over a year (my original Huel shaker didn’t have the grid thing and blending balls just weren’t as great in my replacement one - though that could be because it was an older version of Huel too) and no lumps detected! It’s a definite keeper for times like today when I just don’t have time to blend/wash the blender before work.

Oh, and no problems detecting fill level. I just held it up to light after estimating half to fill line for milk, then the rest with water.

1 Like

This is where I have a slight issue with the new shaker- it’s incredibly hard to see where you’ve filled it to when you’re visually impaired.

2 Likes

I did have a backup plan which I might still use to make things easier. Use a measuring jug to measure 250ml, put it in, and add a mark outside with a Sharpie or something (don’t be horrified people!) so I can tell at a faster glance.

Using a measuring jug works fine. If you haven’t got a measuring jug you could use your old shaker to fill the new shaker.

Yeah, this is the biggest issue for me. The top is just far too narrow to get the powder in. Granted I am using the scoop that is narrower at the bottom and widens out so a narrower scoop will help there but I still can’t clean it properly as my hands can’t get in.

It looks and feels far better but does seem like style over substance as, from a practicality pov, it seems a step back compared to the normal shaker.

1 Like

The new shaker is just amazing and it is so pleasant to drink from. It is definitively the best I have tried.
I only have two issues - due to the narrow top, I had to start using the old scoops. And since my hand does not fit inside, I need a chopstick to clean it with a sponge.

Fan of the design mostly. Only downside is I used to sometimes chuck some frozen fruit in and then use a stick blender to blend it all up. That doesn’t fit in the new blender. More washing up to do if I do want to blend something which is a shame.

is it a particularly large hand blender? I have the Tefal Optichef model and that fits in the new shaker.

I have no idea if it’s abnormally large TBH. It’s almost exactly the diameter of the new bottle.

That would work, but shows a fundamental design flaw I’m afraid, if we have to use another implement, container in order to measure out it kind of defeats the object. Saying that, I’m going by consistency and guestimating/topping up.

BTW I still really like the design and general ‘performance’, no issues with scoop or my hand blender.

1 Like

Even the fill line that’s there is pretty hard to see, so I went ahead and made measurements based on the logo. Approximately if the liquid is at the top of the letters:
H 275ml
U 375ml
E 475ml
L 500ml

Good enough, haha.

9 Likes

I also experience the ‘weeping’ when I rinse out and not dry properly, but after reading about it here it does seem to be only water droplets and no leaks.
I like the ‘discrete’ design, it could almost pass as a waterbottle. Great for shy people like me who don’t always feel like inviting questions about my eating lifestyle in public.

5 Likes

Agree. At first getting the scoop of powder into the shaker was like this (powder goes everywhere)

Though, after some practice, it’s more like this
 (minimal powder missed)

2 Likes

So glad to hear that. We love people talking about Huel together but lets be honest, not everyone wants a conversation about how different their lunch is compared to colleagues tupperware of last nights dinner or their meal deal sarnie. Glad to hear you’re feeling less conscious of it so you can enjoy your Huel in peace!

@anon40342979 practice makes perfect!

Hello @Tim_Huel the new scoops are okeish, I am thinking about using the old scoop which is narrower.

Algo, a problem is the Huel grids and the grid lines of the scoop that always have Huel. That is even dangerous if you dont clean them and gets contaminated after 1 month of usage
 its also very difficult to clean without a brush.

Looks good but is not useful

Not sure what you mean here.

But surely that could apply to anything that holds foodstuffs and doesn’t get cleaned properly.